south beach diet

Options
I just want to get some feed back from anyone who may have done the south beach diet ? Or if you someone that has done it? Did it work? I would like to get some ideas on snacks and meals. Thanks for any feedback anyone may have for me.
:smile:

Replies

• Knowledge228
    Options
    I did the South Beach diet a few years ago and I did get very good results, but once I went back to eating cars the weight came back....but I think that I am going to do it again. I am very sensitive to carbs and gain weight easily. The problem is the first few weeks are tough, but after that it gets easier. I never cut out my fruit, because I feel like its a good, natural treat.

I didnt lose any weight this week, so I am going to cut my calories for the next week, if it doesnt work then I am starting low car in April. Let me know if you start and we can support each other!
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I also did the South Beach Diet about 5 years ago, the resutls were fantastic... But as soon as I started bringing back the carbs I gained. When I was really strict, it was great - however, I realize that the SBD is not supposed to be a "diet" but a healthy way of eating. I found it really difficult since I don't really like any veggies (I did force myself to eat them during the phases) but like I said ,once I put the carbs back in, it was downhill, I found myself dreading the days where I'd be up a bit and then have to cut back. I think that is where I found it to be more difficult. Whereas most people eat veggies and proteins everyday and like them, so it isn't much of a lifestyle change for them. (My friend didn't have to make very many adjustments)

What I did like about it was the results were fast and significant. I felt like I was actually accomplishing something :) I dropped 17 lbs in the first 2 weeks (Phase I)... Of course, since I wasn't eating any carbs... and a large part of my diet is cereal, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc.

If reading the book and looking at the changes feels right for you - then you should do it. I discussed with my Dr. before starting and she said that it looked to be healthy, unlike the Atkins... but it is about adjusting your lifestyle for it and sticking to that way of eating.

Good luck!
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have started it. I am on day 2 of phase 1 wk`1. So far so good. Although i noticed without the carbs i feel tired. I would love the support and a partner to do this with. i will weigh myself tomorrow and see how i do. . I am a big fruit eater so i am missing my fruit.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice. It does work, I've just been lazy about sticking to it.