Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start

Options
So, I just lost 20 lbs. using Nutrisystem recently, but when my fiancee lost his job in March, I realized it was an expense I would have to cut. I am sure many of you can relate to this....:ohwell:

My wedding is in August and I want to try to get pregnant after that, so I want my body to be in the best shape it can be for all that fun stuff! I had been watching The Biggest Loser with my bridesmaid and got really inspired by their stories, reality is I know I am not going to lose weight as fast as they did, but I liked the lifestyle (keyword these days) changes they had made.

I went to the bookstore and bought The Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart:drinker:

Yesterday, was my first day on the program....very easy....& I got to eat a damn bagel!!:tongue:

Just wondering if anyone else is trying it out as well & would enjoy your thoughts it.

Have a great day!

Replies

• porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Both my bf and I were doing NS before he was laid off last oct. I would be interested to see what the meal plans are like, maybe we could support each other online w.it. I will try to look on amazon to check out the book.
  • coconuts09
    coconuts09 Posts: 15
    Options
    absolutely...sounds great to have someone else for support... :) thanks !

I like the book, what I did was modify for taking lunches to work. Instead of using each day as laid out in the book for meals, I created my own meal plan, using their meals. I just started yesterday and so far, things are going well bringing my breakfast and lunches. Let me just say, we made the portobello pizzas tonight & yum! My fiance & my daughter loved them too! :) I also modified, as they suggest you can do for your own needs, like they suggest jicama as a veggie for a snack, not a fan, so I got baby carrots. I like that it's easy to shop for and the exercises are great...now for the next 28 days....lol
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Okay, I responded to your message and will see if I can't get this.................me and bf can join you, will let you know.
  • planetcitygirl73
    planetcitygirl73 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I got it. Haven't used the food menus yet, but am tracking calories on here, so I'm still following their guidelines. I am doing the exercise part though and I think it's fabulous. Good luck!
  • coconuts09
    coconuts09 Posts: 15
    Options
    thanks...& good luck as well :)

Yeah, I am staying within the calorie range & using the foods they suggest, but not in order of each day as laid out. I am also tracking on here...just to make sure! lol

& also using the exercises! :happy: