Saw Springsteen Mon in Greensboro

Options
purplybob
purplybob Posts: 51 Member
What a show! My first E Street Band show since Clarence passed, but perfect memorial when band came to dead stop after line "the big man joined the band" during Tenth-Avenue Freezeout and the crowd yelled and clapped for nearly 3 minutes before they broke back into the song. One of the greatest concert moments I have ever seen.This is a hot tour from the best live band in the world...new album is great...he is and will always be the Boss!

Replies

• kathleennnnn
    Options
    Best show live ever!! I saw them at bonnaroo in 09 and it was the. best. night. everrrr. He even played santa clause is comin to town after saying "its too hot for santa!" best moment everr!!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Love some Springsteen! I've never gotten to see him live though. One of our retired teachers grew up in NJ and often saw him as he was an "up and coming" musician. The turned me on to a lot of his music I'd never heard of. Just last year, she went to see him 3 or 4 times.

JM
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Saw him at the LA Coliseum in the Mid-80's. Awesome. I remember that about 3 hours into the concert, he said "I can go as long as you can!" and then proceeded to take the concert through a couple more hours. Had to work the next day and only got about 2 hours of sleep. Woke up hungover, exhausted, red-eyed and next to a gal I'd just met. Great night.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I've seen The Boss six times and he never fails to please. I've seen him go for 4 hours, and when it was done I was exhausted. Can't imagine what he and the band felt like! He's headlining Sunday night at the Isle of Wight festival this year. I hope I can scare up the cash to go.

Incidentally, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers headline Friday night, and Pearl Jam headlines Saturday. Excellent line up.