800 calories from... golfing?

Options
2»

Replies

• Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't take the cart into the woods and it really isn't worth it to hop in the cart for a 20 yard topper... I can see 800 calories, but we might play a different game... :laugh:
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Runner's World says that for running 1 mile, you can estimate your calories burned by multiplying your body weight by .63, so for you running a mile would burn 157 calories. So 800 calories would be equivalent to running over 5 miles. This is so exaggerated it's kind of silly.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    FYI a HRM is really only an accurate for calorie burn when your heart rate is over 120 or so. I doubt you are getting that high when golfing with a cart so a HRM may not help you much in this case

That is total crap. I've used a Polar HR monitor for over 15 years training for triathlons. It measures your HR at all levels and is spot on.

I use a WaHoo bluetooth heart rate monitor and I'm astounded by what does (and doesn't) burn calories for me. MFP might give me 350 calories/hour for a dance class where I burn upwards of 600 and it'll give me 200 calories burned for 'housework' when I burn less than 60.

And yes remember that you are burning calories being alive and that doesn't count toward your "exercise burnt calories"

AND GREAT JOB GETTING OUT AND GOLFING! :glasses: