Trying to Lose 10lbs in a month WHO'S DOWN?

Options
New to this app but loving it so far. Goal is to lose 10 pounds in a month and i have a few of my friends doing this with me as well, but would love more motivated people. Who is up for the challenge?

Replies

• Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I don't know about 10lbs, that would put me @ losing 2lbs a week and i don't think i'm ready to cut down my calorie intake. But i will try ...but if I lose 5lbs i would be extremely happy.
  • jelly79
    jelly79 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there I'm up for the challenge!! Need some more friends on here to keep me motivated :-D
  • Ninja_Bunny
    Ninja_Bunny Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I AM SO DOWN lol :):flowerforyou:
  • gooselady0720
    gooselady0720 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also started on Monday. I have lost some weight this week. Tracking your food is the most important as it keeps you motivated. I also downloaded a new book on my kindle from amazon called Weight --Loss for Wimps: Lose Your Belly Fat, Look Younger and Get Healthy, Sexy and Thin-- it has a lot of good information and also quite interesting and humorous. I do not like how to books much but this one seems to be the exception. I have lost 3 lbs this week so far. the real test is going to New Orleans this week. Gumbo wow !
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    First week: lost 3 lbs
    Second week: gained 6 lbs (due to a crazy workoutt, I was told its a good thing)
    got on the scale just now lost 10 lbs in 4 day (yes my bodies playing tricks on me)
    So in other words I think I can do it.
    P.S. I havent logged my weight in. I am not going to do it until Sunday, wonder what it will say then
    But sign me up.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    New to this app but loving it so far. Goal is to lose 10 pounds in a month and i have a few of my friends doing this with me as well, but would love more motivated people. Who is up for the challenge?

with so little to lose you should not aim or expect to lose more then 0.5lbs/week.
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • mczwright
    mczwright Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm following a challenge I seen in a SELF magazine. It's Drop 10 and takes 5 weeks. Basically you just eat certain foods and exercise vigorously every day.
    So, I'm in!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am up for the challenge... I don't know that I will lose that much in a month because I lost so much the past few months. But its worth a try! 10 lbs would be AMAZING, 5 lbs I would be content with.
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm down with this challenge! We can do this!!:bigsmile:
  • tlrichardson
    Options
    I'm game. I'm new to the site as well, though I've been dieting since March 2. Let's do this. Good luck everyone!
  • thinismygoalx
    thinismygoalx Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am!
  • CatSummer
    CatSummer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sounds good.. I will try this too. It might be a push, but I am starting P90X this weekend, so maybe I will be able to do 8-10 lbs
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i'm down.
  • Qi131
    Qi131 Posts: 4
    Options
    I was just saying that I need to lose 10 lbs. between now and april 24th. this is perfect!
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am! Scheduled to lose 10 by April 25th!
  • Qi131
    Qi131 Posts: 4
    Options
    great! since we are on the same time scehdule i'll be friending you! lol.
  • CatAbiOli
    CatAbiOli Posts: 16
    Options
    Always up for a challenge!!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    10 is a bit much in a month.
    focus on long term goals and steady/safe progress
  • anderra2
    anderra2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm game to try it too! I'll be happy if I can lose 5 pounds that fast but 10 would be GREAT!!! :)
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Oh, bump for later!