Carb Addicts Diet

Options
mjj79
mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
Anyone else doing it? I've only been doing it for 5 days and have only lost a pound, but it has definitely cut my sugar/junk cravings down. Also, for the first time in my life, I'm able to not eat anything after dinner. Anyone else doing this?

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am not doing it, but am interested in what it is. I too am a carb addict. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • FletcherChic
    FletcherChic Posts: 158
    Options
    please explain what you're doing :flowerforyou:
  • mjj79
    Options
    the first two weeks, you can only have three meals. two of the meals are to be protein and low carb veggies only. the third meal, called the reward meal, can be anything. the guidlines for that meal are:
    1) start with a salad
    2) divide plate into thirds. 1/3 is to be protein, 1/3 low carb veggie and 1/3 higher carb foods/dessert and/or fruit. if you want seconds of the higher carb portion, you have to have seconds of the protein and veggie.
    3) the reward meal MUST be eaten within 1 hour

That's it. no snacking in between meals or after dinner. also the reward meal doesn't have to be dinner.

the first 2 days were a little hard to adjust to. i definitely feel better about what i'm eating, but i wish the weight would drop quicker. so far, about a pound in 5 days. (without any exercise. hoping to work that in as soon as my twins start sleeping better :)

the book costs about 7.99 and gives a complete list of allowed foods. i can post more info if you like :)
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Is the book called Carb Addicts Diet? I want to check it out. Thanks!:happy:
  • mjj79
    Options
    Yes. Well, actually it's Carbohydrate addicts diet. Pretty easy to find :) I'd love too start a support thread here if others are doing it too :)
  • mjj79
    Options
    just wanted to update the 2 ladies who were interested in this plan. i lost 2.4 lbs this week. it was definitely easier than other plans. i even had fast food (by necessity) last night.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Come join us in the Carb conscious Peeps in the Motivation and Support Section!!! We would love to have you.

All low carb plans are welcome over there!!! Some are doing SBD, I am doing Atkins and some are doing their own low carb plan, but we are all learning from one another and that is what it is all about!!!

I have the book - in fact, I have just about every low carb book that is out there on the market, LOL!!!

I have stuck to Atkins because the structure of adding foods back in suits me the best since I have an eating disorder.

I tried CAD, but it led me to binge. My aunt on the other hand is very successful with it.