work out more, gain more weight!?

Options
Hi, i dont normally work out, but i recently started going to the gym...very recently lol
try a week :P
i had been away from MFP for about 2 months not watching what i ate, and not working out and I gained like 4 pounds, and now this week, ive been working out at least one hour a day and ive stayed under my calories, and ive gained 5?!?!

i hope there's a good reason for this..or i hope my scale's broken :P

does anyone know why this happens?
i dont wanna keep gaining weight =/

Replies

• jlm429
    jlm429 Posts: 1
    Options
    You say you havent worked out in a long time? then its most definately your muscles holding onto water to try to repair themselves.... this happens to a lot of people when you start working out but just keep pushing through and you will lose!
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Don't look at the scale and take body measurements.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a believer in the muscle water retention until recently when I started Jillian Michaels. Its so true. I thought I was gaining weight or it wasn't working, 2 weeks later the scale showed almost a 4 lbs loss. Stay positive!
  • Brianf2fusa
    Options
    you are not drinking enough water. Your body is holding water weight trying to hydrate you and your muscles! You need to TRY and drink a GALLON of water a day! YES A GALLON.

Continue to go to the gym!

hope this helps
  • Brianf2fusa
    Options
    oh also watch your salt intake on Gym days :D
  • jstaff87
    jstaff87 Posts: 9
    Options
    It took me almost 3wks to see any results on the scale. Try using body measurements at least at first it's def. more encouraging.