question about a kettler(sven) CT700E magnetic elliptical

Options
so as the title says i have a Kettler (i think) Sven CT700E magnetic elliptical machine, i got it used so i have no owners manual and Google is NOT being helpful in my search for info SO my question is, does any one have a clue how to set my info like weight and height into the machine so i can get a more correct cals burned reading?

i did 4 min( i know not a lot) and the machine told me 30 cals, however mfp says 83 so my friend mentioned setting the machine to my weight and i have NO clue how do to that so if anyone can help me that would be AWESOME!.

Also i know everyone will tell me to get a HRM but those are WAY to expensive for me so that's not going to happen, but if you know of another way to track cals burned more accurately on an elliptical then please feel free to share.

EDIT: the machine says Sven CT700E Magnetic so that's what i typed into Google but it kept suggesting things for Kettler CT700E that's why im not 100% sure about it being Kettler or Sven or both.

Replies

• KansasRain
    Options
    bump
  • KansasRain
    Options
    come on anyone at all???
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think the brand of machine would make a difference. I could be wrong.
    MFP works it out with all your details unlike your elliptical so maybe it's the closer one.
    You will notice it changes as you lose weight.
    MFP can be seen to overestimate though at times so maybe only eat up to 2/3 of your exercise calories but that's up to you.
    I also use caloriecounter.com at times to compare the calorie burn. Try it there and see what they say.
    Good luck.
  • KansasRain
    Options
    well my elliptical has the option to add your height weight age and gender to help calculate more correctly but i have no clue how to get to that option or how to reset anything, i have tried pushing the reset button in for a long time but it just resets my work out. so im hoping some one knows a way to do it on ANY machine and i could just try that method on my own, this is very frustrating.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    misread your question, sorry
  • KansasRain
    Options
    thats fine.

BUMP :ohwell:
  • KansasRain
    Options
    Some one out there has to know something
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My machine (magnetic but not sure of brand) doesnt allow you to put in your info... I use a polar hrm instead. Best fifty bucks ive spent