Fast Food NSV

Options
Just this alone has proven to me this is the lifestyle for me.

My dinner tonight:

1 can sodium free green beans
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 veggie burger
1 extra thin multigrain bagel
1 tbsp no name ketchup
1/2 cup brown rice
15 prawns

Total calories: 665
Total fat: 23 Grams---(almost all from oil)
total sodium: 1,240mg
(almost all from prawns. Without would be 550mg )
Total daily calorie intake: 30 percent---(without exercising)

One double 1/2lb cheeseburger from Wendys.

Total calories: 770
Total fat: 44grams---(mostly the bad processed fat)
total sodium: 1,430mg
total daily calorie intake: 70 percent--- (without exercising)

My entire meal was less than one greasy burger. And that
doesn't even count the medium/large fries and drink most
people order with it.

The numbers are proof enough for me that lifestyle is long gone.
And I feel like I ate like a king tonight.

Replies

• chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Never having been a fan of fast food in the first place, I whole heartedly agree. Your dinner was far more appealing. Great job and happy weight losing!
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It is mind blowing how big a difference the numbers are and I ate a TON of food, and even felt like it wasn't healthy but it WAS!
  • yasdnilear
    yasdnilear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Love it when it feels like you're eating so much and it's so low in cals!! I don't know if I can even bring myself to eat out anymore! Way to go!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Great job. Lucky for you, you're making this discovery so early in life.

There are some books that address what you're talking about. Volumetrics, by Barbara Rolls, discusses: substituting foods with more nutritional value and greater volume for the foods we usually eat. There are even photos, which is helpful.

A recent book I bought is The 400 Calorie Fix, which includes a section on fast food, should you ever be in a position where you want to or need to eat fast food (such as traveling and no other option is available).

The suggestions are quite good and pretty helpful.

Oh, and Eat This, Not That. Shows how you can swap out healthier options, even of the same food.

Oh and your meal sounded really good!
  • farm_mamaX9
    Options
    Is a prawn like a shrimp or something?

My favorite go to meal is diced chicken, zucchini, and yellow squash seasoned with garlic/herb spice and then stir fried in a small amount of coconut oil (or spray on oil if I'm out of coconut oil). It is super easy and super filling. I use one whole chicken breast, one whole zucchini and one whole squash. I try to add a side of a slice of whole grain bread with a small dab of my own homegrown raw milk butter. It comes in at 650 calories or so. Delish!
  • masterofktulu
    Options
    Is a prawn like a shrimp or something?

My favorite go to meal is diced chicken, zucchini, and yellow squash seasoned with garlic/herb spice and then stir fried in a small amount of coconut oil (or spray on oil if I'm out of coconut oil). It is super easy and super filling. I use one whole chicken breast, one whole zucchini and one whole squash. I try to add a side of a slice of whole grain bread with a small dab of my own homegrown raw milk butter. It comes in at 650 calories or so. Delish!

That sounds really intriguing I don't think I have tried squash. I will definitely try that meal it sounds awesome especially since I love chicken haha. And prawns are basically bigger shrimp. The size varies from double to 4x the size but I just get the 2x size ones. And since the sodium is a little high I don't eat them too often.
  • masterofktulu
    Options
    bump :P
  • carholl
    carholl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't eat fast food much, but last night we went to Logan's for dinner. I ordered wood grilled salmon, steamed broccoli and a salad with fat free vinagerette. I never could understand people who would go to a steak place and not get a big juicy steak, baked potato loaded with butter and sour cream and a salad with ranch dressing...until I became one of those people. I'm happy to say that I survived!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling and your dinner sounds delish!

My favorite fast meal is a can of progresso chicken and veggie soup and I cook a serving of brown rice with the soup instead of water. Makes a HUGE amount, low in calories and so good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!