trying not to eat tonight! so HARD

13»

Replies

• erinf1049
    erinf1049 Posts: 26 Member
    Posting publicly about your situation.. of course people are going to 'weigh in'. I think it's very rude of you to be so dismissive of the people who (don't even know you) are trying to be supportive to you based on the information that we had at hand. The stuff we told you is because we care about you and your situation. I'm disappointed that you would be so rude to those of us who tried to help.

hey buddy...no need for the disappointment, i was just overwhelmed at the aggressiveness in which the help was construed. i absolutely appreciate the good thoughts and even more-so appreciate the pun of "weighing-in"! :flowerforyou: thank you :)
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Posting publicly about your situation.. of course people are going to 'weigh in'. I think it's very rude of you to be so dismissive of the people who (don't even know you) are trying to be supportive to you based on the information that we had at hand. The stuff we told you is because we care about you and your situation. I'm disappointed that you would be so rude to those of us who tried to help.

hey buddy...no need for the disappointment, i was just overwhelmed at the aggressiveness in which the help was construed. i absolutely appreciate the good thoughts and even more-so appreciate the pun of "weighing-in"! :flowerforyou: thank you :)

Honestly, I kind of get it. Imho, people tend to jump on the starvation/ed assumption waaay too quickly on MFP. It's kind of like the salem witch trials.. but for anorexia..
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Forget the PB and J. Try grabbing some veggie sticks (celery, carrots, cucumbers) and dipping it in a spread made of Greek yogurt and peanut butter. You could use more fiber and protein today, and it will help you feel fuller.
  • erinf1049
    Forget the PB and J. Try grabbing some veggie sticks (celery, carrots, cucumbers) and dipping it in a spread made of Greek yogurt and peanut butter. You could use more fiber and protein today, and it will help you feel fuller.

PB and yogurt...sounds like a good idea...thanks!
  • erinf1049

Honestly, I kind of get it. Imho, people tend to jump on the starvation/ed assumption waaay too quickly on MFP. It's kind of like the salem witch trials.. but for anorexia..

i love you for this
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    ^^ exactly.

You joined in January. If you notice, most of the people who offered their opinion have been here a lot longer, and have lost a lot of weight.

And, I might add, no one here was rude about it. They were just encouraging you to eat up to your calories.
  • erinf1049
    ^^ exactly.

You joined in January. If you notice, most of the people who offered their opinion have been here a lot longer, and have lost a lot of weight.

And, I might add, no one here was rude about it. They were just encouraging you to eat up to your calories.

^^ exactly. if you notice, you seem a little aggressive for my taste too my dear. to each his own. THANK you for the kind words
  • erinf1049
    and as a side note: ive lost 5 pounds while on this website since, yes, i joined in january. not 5 lbs all together without having learned of MFP. if the words are meant to be kind i welcome them with an open heart and mind...but with comments like "people who offered their opinion have been here a lot longer, and have lost a lot of weight."...my interpretations differ. Cheers!
  • thinismygoalx
    thinismygoalx Posts: 20 Member
    Well, I don't let myself eat anything after 6-7 PM and if hunger gets me, fill my water bottle, drink it all, shower, read and go to bed! It's hard to quit eating at night, but once you do, you"ll feel so much fresher in the mornings!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    If you guys actually stopped to look through her previous diary entries you'll see she actually normally eats very well, and put a note on yesterdays to explain the low kcal.....
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 559 Member
    If you check her food diary for the past several days, you'll notice that she consistently eats a perfectly healthy amount. Anorexia, "starvation mode," or health consequences from undereating do not occur in one day.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 559 Member
    If you guys actually stopped to look through her previous diary entries you'll see she actually normally eats very well, and put a note on yesterdays to explain the low kcal.....

Jinx!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Haha, great minds :-D
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    and as a side note: ive lost 5 pounds while on this website since, yes, i joined in january. not 5 lbs all together without having learned of MFP. if the words are meant to be kind i welcome them with an open heart and mind...but with comments like "people who offered their opinion have been here a lot longer, and have lost a lot of weight."...my interpretations differ. Cheers!

Most people on a low cal diet do lose 5 pounds like you did. Then quickly plateau, and end up on a board here trying to figure out what went wrong. I think most of these folks were just trying to nip it before it ended up that way for you. JMHO
  • Razkler14
    Razkler14 Posts: 74
    This is a great idea for alt option and elimates the carbs being consumed prior to bed. Try making a chocolate protein shake with peanut or almond butter instead. Filling, tasty, and healthy!
  • erinf1049

Jinx!

thaaaaank guys! everyone else with a snide remark should go to bed.
  • erinf1049
    This is a great idea for alt option and elimates the carbs being consumed prior to bed. Try making a chocolate protein shake with peanut or almond butter instead. Filling, tasty, and healthy!

sounds yummy! i want one now!
  • Squidgeypaws007

Jinx!

thaaaaank guys! everyone else with a snide remark should go to bed.

Well, if you're going to point something out for someone it's handy to have actually looked at their past history. One day isn't going to make your body starve, it'll just keep reminding you it's bloody hungry, lol!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    First off, I apologize for coming off as "aggressive". I assure you I wasn't coming from a place of aggression but from a place of concern. I've seen quite a few people here go from eating normally to dropping their cals way low all of a sudden to try losing weight faster. I've learned the hard way that the whole not eating enough thing isn't worth it in the long run and it's taking forever to get back to where I was before I started eating in unhealthy patterns. This is not something I would wish on anyone and if I can give advice to help someone to avoid it, I will.

I did go back a few days in the diary. What I saw at the time was that specific day being under 1000 calories (and no note) with the previous couple days being normal and a few days before that not logged at all. OP, I know you meant it a bit sarcastically when you commented that you didn't know you had to be accurate at logging before asking for advice but yeah, you kinda do since we don't know if you're embarking on an unhealthy diet or if you just forgot to log a few things. Anyone who knows anything about healthy weight loss should have been telling you to eat to be over 1000 calories when your body was giving you hunger signals. Again, this is not meant to be aggressive, just explaining where I was coming from.