Nice NSV during bathtime.

Options
So, about a year ago I discovered the need to find ways of pampering and rewarding myself that didn’t involve food. It was around this time that I found my love of soaking in the bath. The aromas of the salts, bubbles, or scented candles stimulate my senses (and vanilla candles don’t need to be worked off on the elliptical like vanilla ice cream does), the warm water soothes my tense muscles, and my family knows that when I grab my e-reader and bathrobe and head into the bathroom, I’m to be left alone. It’s my ME time, and makes for an overall wonderful experience.

When I first started taking my baths, my hips were firmly wedged between the opposite sides of the tub, even to the point that if I drained the water while still sitting in the tub, my hips plugged the tub, so that there was no water in front of me, but a full tub behind. Back then, when I lay back in the full tub, only half of my torso would be under water, the front half of my chest and tummy would always be sticking out of the water like volcanic islands.

Well, as I was taking my bath tonight, I noticed that, while my breasts still poke out of the water, my tummy was completely submerged! As I let the water out, I moved my hips all the way to the right side of the tub, and found a good six inches between my left hip and the wall of the tub. No wonder the tub feels like it’s taking longer to fill these days. I used to fill up so much of it with my body; there wasn’t much room for water. Now, with less of me filling the tub, there’s more room for water.

Replies

• jgthomas78
    Options
    It's so awesome when you see that progress! Keep up the good work.
  • repubgurl
    repubgurl Posts: 105
    Options
    That's awesome! And so great that you found such a nice way of pampering yourself.
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    Yess!!!
    I love relaxing baths too. Aromatherapy is simply amazing!

Congratz for your NSV...keep going!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!!

The first time I realized that I wasn't "damming" the tub with my butt, I almost cried...
    Seriously...
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!!

The first time I realized that I wasn't "damming" the tub with my butt, I almost cried...
    Seriously...

lol, damminog the tub...soo funny.
    What a great NSV!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That is a great great great NSV! Made me really happy to read.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congrats....what a great feeling! Happy for you!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Great nsv!! Catching things like that really shows you're making progress. Keep it up, and congrats on finding a great way to relax without food! :)
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Nice that your tummy was below and your breasts were still above, too!
  • ArynnOctavia
    Options
    Nice that your tummy was below and your breasts were still above, too!

Yeah, but some of that was thanks to the fact that they float. Out of water, gravity still has its evil way with me.
  • NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Lol I can so relate to this. My hips aren't the prob tho its my butt. Nothing like having to lift a cheek to let it drain lol. And laying down to soak.....*sigh* I have to lift my legs & put my feet on the wall just to keep the water from draining through the overflow slot. One day.....yes, I will be able to enjoy a real soak & not just a butt soak :P
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That's completely awesome! Bathtubs are getting smaller and smaller, I swear. SO that means you are getting smaller and smaller TIMES TEN! Great job on all our hard work and good job on realizing you are making a huge difference in your life :)
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    So fun! Congrats!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love your NSV! I had the same issues once upon a time. I have found that, more than the scale, these are the milestones that tell me that I've come so far. Congrats to you! :flowerforyou:
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    That was a wonderful NSV, Congratulations to you!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! I haven't been near my bathtub in over 3 years (I do shower however) your post has encouraged me to try it out tonight to see if I can fit in it comfortably yet. Thanks for sharing!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Awesome! More lovely warm water to soak and relax! Good for you!
  • Freedom4Brooke
    Options
    Congrats!!! Awesome victory!!
    I can't wait til I reach that point :)
  • swedishwillow
    swedishwillow Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    that is truly an AWESOME NSV!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!