Hungry at night

Options
gparks
gparks Posts: 56 Member
When I include my exercise it increases my calorie intake, but I don't use it all becasue I am not hungry. Of course in the middle of the night I get up looking for something to eat. Should I eat anyway just to use up the calories. Any suggestions, please help

Replies

• PoochPottery
    Options
    When I wake up famished in the middle of the night I drink a glass of unsweetened almond milk and if you don't like almond milk you can drink regular skim. You might just be thirsty.
  • Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi, a dietician told me that when you feel hungry a lot of the time you are just thirsty. Drink water. It's filling and not harmful. Best of luck to you.
  • Emtcurves
    Options
    i like that.. thankyou for the tip
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't think that hunger is a very reliable guide for a lot of us - it's too easy to eat when we're not hungry, not feel hungry when we really should eat..... etc.
    My best suggestion is to plan your day, add in a guestimate for how many calories you might burn exercising then spread those extra cals out during the day. That way you are getting enough energy and nutrition into your body, the fact that you are waking up hungry sounds like your body is just confused! Feed it regularly and you'll probably find it works better.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Moved topic to food and nutrition
  • WvdB
    WvdB Posts: 2
    Options
    Try not to get into the habit of eating at night..it's hell to get out of