Working from home/home most of the day

Options
Anyone else work from home or home most of the day? I find I eat alot more the days I work from home than the days I don't. The food is always there and it's so easy to dip in. I find it really hard to say no when I know it's there. I try to not buy it, but my girlfriend loves chocolate and crisps, so there's always something around. Any motivational tips appreciated!

Replies

• zoeypoey
    zoeypoey Posts: 4
    Options
    im currently on maternity leave so permanently at home! For mothers day I was given a big box of chocolates, which seem to speak to me and are a constant temptation. Whenever I feel myself weaken I grab the pram and go for a walk. Try and put a bit of distance between you and temptation, I suppose is my big tip.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I work from home pretty regularly. You need to behave like you're in the office. Have an office area, go into it and don't leave it. You are allowed to go to the loo, make a cup of coffee and have a lunch break - that's it!

And no snacking while you're making the coffee either! If snacking is an issue, keep some healthy snacks in your office area.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I work from home. I love the flexibility but miss having working mates and feel lonely a lot. I drop; my daughter off to school then go straight to the gym for a workout so I feel motivated for the day. I plan my meals in advance so find that at least if working from home that part is easy. I try to get out for a walk as well if its nice weather. I find it much easier in terms of sticking on plan . One should never have chocolate and crisp;s in the house throw it all out!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I work from home and in the kitchen where my computer is located right next to the kitchen pantry. I give myself timed breaks to have a snack and know ahead of time what it will be. It gives me something to look forward to and keeps me from grazing all day.