MFP Runner's Club -May 19

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran 5K this morning. It is WINDY here.

Enjoy the day
-Kechie.

Replies

• beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Windy here as well! Very cool this morning, but the sun is out! :smile:
    2 runs this morning...3.85 miles in 40 minutes, about a 15 minute break while waiting for others to arrive. 2nd run was only 20 minutes, 2 miles for a total today of 5.85.
    Happy running everyone!

Becky
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    No running for me today as it was a strength training day. Besides, I have to work 14 hours today so I only had time to workout early this morning. It was wayyyy too cold this morning! Brrrr!

Yesterday my husband and took the path that I have been running and measured it out with the car. I thought I was running 1-1/2 miles (Im new) but was actually running a little over 2 miles! I felt really good about that and was amazed. I can't wait until tomorrow; I'm going to add some distance to my run.

Take care everyone!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi runners!! 4.5 mile run for me, then 800 yd swim.

And biking tonight w/ my buddies... tri training in full swing! :bigsmile:

And... ran w/ my dh last night!!! He's going to do a 5K next month so we've been adding in some running to our nightly walks. YAY! I was very impressed, I told him I'd just run at his pace with him and he ran 1 mile in 9:12!! Then we did some walking, and ran another .7 miles.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    No running for me today as it was a strength training day. Besides, I have to work 14 hours today so I only had time to workout early this morning. It was wayyyy too cold this morning! Brrrr!

Yesterday my husband and took the path that I have been running and measured it out with the car. I thought I was running 1-1/2 miles (Im new) but was actually running a little over 2 miles! I felt really good about that and was amazed. I can't wait until tomorrow; I'm going to add some distance to my run.

Take care everyone!

Don't ya love when that happens-- great job!

I just completed 4 miles in 34:47 (3.1 mile mark in 26:42). It hurt a little, but I guess it's supposed to.

Good day everyone!!!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm back from my trip to Vegas!!! It was so fun. My best friend came down to watch my son and my husband and I got to get away from 2 nights. It was much needed... didn't run a lick, though! I sat by the pool and sipped cocktails!!!

Today I was back at it. Ran 8 miles and lifted a bit.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    3 this am and plans for another 2 after the sun is down tonight. :love:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Short 1.5 mi run for me this evening then weight lifting.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day but my brain/body was def craving a run!! LOL
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Think I almost hit 3 miles today (I ran for 34 mins and assume that my pace is a little under 12 min/mile). Was definitely pushing it hard, but felt really good.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Ran/walked about 4. For some reason, it was a struggle tonight :grumble:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I did weight training tonight but decided to run a little on the treadmill and for the first time, I was able to run 25 minutes at 7mph without stopping. whew, it wore me out but i can tell i am getting stronger, love it! will be up at 5 a.m. to run with my two gym buddies, we help motivate one another.

Great job everyone!!