Anyone here a bit of a car fanatic?

Options
Thought I'd see if any of you lot liked your fast cars!

Currently without a car (wrote of the Nissan last year boo hoo) but still manage to get around in a Gtr R32 every weekend.

Let's see what type of conversation we can spark up here!

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Love fast cars! Current I've got a not-so-fast, but fun to drive Datsun 280Z. The FI stuff was removed years ago and it's got a set of Mikuni triple carburetors in place of that.

JM
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I currently have a '08 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. It's a 6 speed and i love to drive it. I only drive it on weekends, very seldom do i drive it during the week because i have a company vehicle. The Audi is fast for me....does it qualify here though?
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    Love cars here! Don't have a fast one myself but I sure would love to have one. I'm also into car shows and luxury cars and drag racing and street racing. More than a bit of a car fanatic here.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I have a 2009 Nissan Tiida as it is the only thing they would give me on the loan allowed. Boo
    Someday I would LOVE a Mustang, a '69 hatchback preferably
  • rbjcksn
    rbjcksn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Had a Mitisubishi GTO for 7 years. Loved every minute of ownership and all the modifications that I did to the engine, eventually hitting 428 Bhp.

The car was stolen from my house via a break in in 2009 :(. Not seen it since. Sad times. I now drive a peugeot 406 diesel coupe!
  • alluvion
    alluvion Posts: 28
    Options
    Love fast cars! Current I've got a not-so-fast, but fun to drive Datsun 280Z. The FI stuff was removed years ago and it's got a set of Mikuni triple carburetors in place of that.

JM

Oh my god, jealous. What year is the model? I love the body on them so much, almost as much as the similar Nissan s30z Fairlady.
  • the_journeyman
    Options
    1978, last year of the Z before the switch to ZX!

JM
  • trishbadgett
    Options
    I just adore fast cars....

I have a 83 T Top Mustang with a 306, 88 Mustang Hatchback with 306 with 4:10 running gear, 92 4 banger (is getting a 351 stroker by the fall) and a stock 02 Mustang GT convertible with complete Stalker Body kit.

Daily Driver is a big old Astro Van....not fast LOL

I still want a 7-up Mustang and a Foxbody Saleen. AND I have made a vow as soon as I get those two plus a SHELBY, that I will not buy anymore cars. Drives my husband nuts,
  • alluvion
    Options
    1978, last year of the Z before the switch to ZX!

JM

Amazing. I'm a big fan of the history of Nissan's older cars & history.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

I have a 83 T Top Mustang with a 306, 88 Mustang Hatchback with 306 with 4:10 running gear, 92 4 banger (is getting a 351 stroker by the fall) and a stock 02 Mustang GT convertible with complete Stalker Body kit.

I still want a 7-up Mustang and a Foxbody Saleen. AND I have made a vow as soon as I get those two plus a SHELBY, that I will not buy anymore cars. Drives my husband nuts,

DUDEEEE are you kidding?!?!?!?!??! JEALOUUUUS!
  • alluvion
    Options

DUDEEEE are you kidding?!?!?!?!??! JEALOUUUUS!

Oh you guys, you and your American cars >_<
  • trishbadgett
    Options
    My first car was a 6 banger Mustang and I kept it for several years but Mustangs are not family cars and had a baby and needed something else to drive...and then I was a stay at home mom. MANY years and two grandkids later I finally started to grow my collection. I have had three other Mustangs in the past but nothing like the ones I have now.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my cars
    I will add a picture of my cars but I do not have a clue how??
  • alluvion
    Options
    My first car was a 6 banger Mustang and I kept it for several years but Mustangs are not family cars and had a baby and needed something else to drive...and then I was a stay at home mom. MANY years and two grandkids later I finally started to grow my collection. I have had three other Mustangs in the past but nothing like the ones I have now.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my cars
    I will add a picture of my cars but I do not have a clue how??

That's awesome for a first car, hahahaha.

I'm not sure how to add pictures either? But if you copy/paste the link below into your search engine it should come up with a photo of the R on my photography Page (:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=280691668669276&set=a.280691122002664.65841.280669688671474&type=3&theater
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've got a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS with a manual transmission. She's plenty fast. It's my 6th Camaro and I had a '76 Trans Am as well. Love my f-bodies!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Was more into cars a few years back.
    "cool" one's I've owned

1991 Nissan 300zx TT
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3
    2004 Mazda Rx8

Thought about picking up a 240 and building a drift car at some point this year.
  • the_journeyman
    Options
    Was more into cars a few years back.
    "cool" one's I've owned

1991 Nissan 300zx TT
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3
    2004 Mazda Rx8

Thought about picking up a 240 and building a drift car at some point this year.

That generation of the Z car was, and still is my favorite body for the modern Z. There is a Z, not sure if it's a 240/260/280 sitting at one of those used car dealers you really don't want to buy a car from here in town.

JM