how do YOU stop yourself from bingeing?

Options
1235»

Replies

• KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    I eat approx every 3 hours so I never get hungry enough to even think about binging. For me, that's key because I lose control when I'm super hungry. Although I eat so much now that I don't have a chance to get hungry.
  • RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I tend to overeat midlessly ALOT in the evenings when im home alone *sob* so have devised a plan which is working for me. eat my dinner and then save 100 - 150 cals for a nighttime snack which is a total treat. Last night i had Dr Pepper Zero over ice with a cup of red grapes and a 95 calorie Cadbury's chocolate bar. By the time i'd drunk my Dr Pepper and had my grapes i didn't feel like eating the chocolate but it was nice to know it was still there.
    I found it helps me to know that i am getting a treat and that it fits in my calories. Instead of denying myself i am trying to take control of what i eat and my portions. I also try not to keep ice cream/crisps/sweets/bicsuits in the house! eep!
    Hope that helps anyway!

I do this exact thing!
  • itsirkmr
    itsirkmr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Having a cheat meal once a weak.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I find two things make me prone to carb binges. One is when I have done a lot of cycling or walking. The other is after I take my sleeping pill at night... it just seems to remove all self control and make me 'go for it', so to speak. I have simply removed everything I have found myself bingeing on, including chocolate, biscuits, sweet cereals, bread and yes, even nuts as I love nuts. So far, peanut butter seems to have been safe. Only thing I binge on, or eat more of than I would like now, is dried prunes but they didnt seem to gain me weight, whereas cutting them out resulted in my craving and eating much higher calorie things. I also have a low calorie hot chocolate before bed, which helps with sweet cravings.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    When I think about eating at night, I log onto here and enter what I would eat if I just walked into the kitchen first. After seeing the amount of calories it will put me over I rethink it!

I do the same. By the time I've worked it all out I can usually kill the craving.
    The other thing that seems to work is to promise myself to "get it in a minute", or at a certain time. Then by that time I can often have rationalissed myself out of my craving.

That said, my son has just sat down beside me with an iced chelsea bun, and I am seriously eyeing it up!! lol
    Good luck with your efforts. There is always someone on this site with some helpful ideas, I find.
  • cerealqueen
    Options
    Make a fruit smoothie... they are so filling that I can't eat anything after!!