Billy Blanks' Basic Bootcamp ??

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I haven't done this video in over a year, and now I finally have the bands. My brother gave me the bands, and they are weighted. Do I need the weights for this exercise? I am not sure these bands are Billy's bands.

Also, any idea of about how many calories you burn doing this?

Replies

• annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The bands that came with my billy blanks dvd are weighted. i have no idea on the calories, but it's tough. I haven't done it for a while either, but I plan to start mixing it up with the Jillian Michaels DVD on the days I don't do the gym. That's if I don't die first.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this video in over a year, and now I finally have the bands. My brother gave me the bands, and they are weighted. Do I need the weights for this exercise? I am not sure these bands are Billy's bands.

Also, any idea of about how many calories you burn doing this?

If its Billy Blanks I would say do it with out the bands and then build up to using them cause he is brutal and kicks your butt- I own his Amped series which is his new one that comes with a weighted bar and it is no joke- in an 45-50 minutes I burn 400-480 calories but it varies on how fast you are pumping too if your going slow or not pushing yourself you won't burn alot- I wear my HRM- best thing I ever bought
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You don't have to use the bands. If you have been using weights you probably could do it with the bands. But if you haven't it is a killer on the arms especially when you get to the military presses with the bands-I had to throw them down on that part.

When he has you take the bands off at the end it is amazing what a difference it makes.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I used the bands (didn't do 100% of the reps though...but did most), and I wore my HRM. I burned 323 calories in the 54 minutes of the workout. I was hoping for more, but that's okay since I did my strength stuff for the day now.