Heart Rate of 190bpm

Options
My heart rate has be going up to 190-200bpm when i'm exercising is this normal? It seems drastically high when my partner is doing exactly the same exersice with a HR of 150-160 and he's almost dying/buckets of sweat, whereas i'm just slightly out of breath. I noticed it last year but just assumed the HR machine was wrong as i was barely breaking a sweat, but now i have a personal HRmonitor and it dosnt lie! Do i go to the doctors about this? I've already had blood pressure taken and i'm perfect. I feel a bit silly as i feel fine, it's just the numbers that are scaring me!

Replies

• frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    Bumpedy Bump :)
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have also wondered about this for myself. When I feel like I am really working and sweating, but stil able to talk between breaths, my BPM will be 180+. When it's down around the 160 mark, I can just about sing. I don't know what my "true" resting heart rate is, but when I first put on my HRM before running, it's around 100bpm.

I'm interested to see what other people say about this.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Mine is like that too. Not sure, but I think its just our cardio (lungs/heart) that are out of shape. Taxing our body with the same exercise continuely should improve our ability to perform that exercise. - like if you run, eventually you aren't as winded and can run longer or faster.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Everyone's heart is different. Which is also why 220-age is a horriable rule.
    I don't even hit 190 during a sprint (real close though), but if 220-age were true, I shouldn't be physically able to hit 190 at all.
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    To each their own. If your doctor doesn't have concerns, then you shouldn't either. My resting heart rate is around 70 ... when i'm doing sprint drills.. to the point where I'm sucking in air like there's none left... my heart rate is breaking 180 ...