Down 56 Pounds

Options
13»

Replies

• luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. It has been a long battle, and I have had my ups and downs. I am taking things slow ans steady so I try not to beat myself up when I have a bad day. I still have a lot more to go, but I will for sure get there :)
  • JillHoff
    JillHoff Posts: 30
    Options
    We are all here and when you are ready we will be cheering :):smile:
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Here is my story. Thanks for reading.

This was written May 2011:

For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. But I never considered myself fat. (I still don't) I just accepted the fact that I would never be thin. I love who I am, and I think I still look pretty damn good.

Then last year before I found out I was pregnant with #2 our insurance company (BCN) has decided in order for you to get the best coverage, you need to be a certain weight. This blew my mind, that a company can do something like this. I mean I know I need to lose weight, but having someone tell you its a MUST for the best coverage is nonsense. This actually made me depressed. Great more stress to add onto my life. So when I went into have my physical done, I brought my little form that has to be filled out, and of course I need to lose weight. (Duh, like I didn't know this before) So now you have to go to the doctor every 6 months (more copays) until you hit below 30 BMI. Then I find out a week later that I am pregnant. YAY!!! (I was actually pregnant then just had no clue) I was also excited to know I don't have to worry about the weight issue until after I have my baby. Well not true, I still had to go in at the 6 month mark to be weighed for the insurance. (yet another co-pay) Even though they knew I was pregnant, my PCP had to check the pregnant box and submit the paperwork. Isn't that just insane?????

During my pregnancy I was diagnosed with GD, and was put on a strict diet. (Did not have this with my first) Next to having a healthy little girl February 23rd, that diet was the best thing to happen. It jump started my new phase of life. After losing 39 pounds (246~pre-pregnancy weight...now 207) it has given me this motivation to keep on losing. I went back to work last week after my maternity leave and started a gym membership with a girlfriend I work with. We have also found this wonderful website/phone app. With all of this and motivation from some new MFP friends, I know I can do this. Hey, I might end up being skinny after all. Wish me luck.

PS: BCN's new requirement is now you MUST take a weight watchers program, or this other program to get the best coverage. I'm sorry I do not have the money to be spending on programs, I don't want to take. But according to this website my BMI should be just below 30. Which is great. Take that BCN!!!!!!
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Gr8 job!
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! keep it up!!
  • KimVanHorn
    Options
    Hey me too!! Great job!
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!