Those 5'4" and 135ish what are your calorie goals set to

Options

Replies

• n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    i have mine set to maintenance, so about 1800 a day. i figure if i keep to this AND work out i'll be at a deficit. if i burn more than 600 cals i make sure i eat a little extra to net over 1200. i havent really been logging that religiously, i just try to make good food choices on my own.
  • Tangerine16
    Tangerine16 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I am 5'4", current weight 136. Last year I lost 20lbs mainly due to stress. This year I got back on MFP at 145 and so far I have lost 8lbs before I hit my wall. I had been eating around 1200/day and just today I read a few forums and reset my goals to 1484 (I know, specific...there was math involved). I hope to see progress, it is encouraging to hear from the girls who did the same thing and got good results.

Anyone can feel free to add me since our goals are so similar!
  • Tangerine16
    Tangerine16 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.31/2, started at 155lbs and my goal weight is 130. I started on January 9th this year, and was eating 1200 cals up until about the last 3 weeks, when they crept up to around 1400. Also had a couple of spike days (around 2000) in the last fortnight.

Recently reset to lose 1/2lb a week instead of 1lb (my calories are now set to 1250). Weigh day is Monday, and there's about 7lbs to go!

Actually I would like to lose the last 7lbs more quickly, so don't know whether to start on 1200 again. Exercise has been almost non-existent since the start (a little walking, but at the moment I have hip problems). Could do some weights, though....

14363700.png
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 roughly and started at 152. I'm now down to about 136lb.

My aim is to get to 119 though I have a feeling this may be slightly too small. I need to work quite a lot on my arms and legs but my stomach is just about there...

My calories were set to 1200 but burning about 450-600 calories 4-5 times a week through exercise meant I was constantly tired and struggling to eat those calories back after exercise. I upped my calories to 1400 about a week or so ago and I'm feeling 100% healthier and better in my own skin.

I'm yet to see a major drop in weight but I'm almost certain i've lost inches :) Feel free to add me x
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and recently increased my calories to 1700 after losing and gaining the same few pounds for months. After a few weeks at the higher calorie goal, Im finally losing again.

Plus.....I'm not as hungry!! :)

Question though, is 1700 net or total?

1700 Net :) sorry for the delayed response.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft4 and weight about 120, my calorie goal is 1700 net, so i eat about 2k total
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I typically try to net around 1400-1500 a day
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 135. I have mine set to 1400. I AIM for more than 1600 calories a day, regardless of exercise.

Read up on your BMR and TDEE... NEVER eat below your BMR. For a one pound a week loss aim for 500 calories less than your TDEE.

For me (with exercise 3-5 times a week): BMR=1400 TDEE=2200....Therefore I strive to hit at least 1600-1700 calories a day. I'm not as concerned with my "net." Personally, I think our bodies even out over time so if you're over a little one day and under a little the next it cancels out.
  • Paméla17814052
    Options
    I'm 5f4, starting weight 132 and i'm at 129 after 3 weeks of eating 1200 cals a day and doing ripped in 30 6 days a week (eat back exercise cals)
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5'4 and somewhere around 130lbs. i don't know anymore as i refuse to step on that stupid scale. I aim for 1600-1800cals/day. When my jeans get too tight then i know I'm either bloated or need to switch up the exercise and or diet.
  • justET
    justET Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 138lbs my calories is set to 1400 and yes I eat back most if not all my exercise calories :)
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 roughly and started at 152. I'm now down to about 136lb.

My aim is to get to 119 though I have a feeling this may be slightly too small. I need to work quite a lot on my arms and legs but my stomach is just about there...

My calories were set to 1200 but burning about 450-600 calories 4-5 times a week through exercise meant I was constantly tired and struggling to eat those calories back after exercise. I upped my calories to 1400 about a week or so ago and I'm feeling 100% healthier and better in my own skin.

I'm yet to see a major drop in weight but I'm almost certain i've lost inches :) Feel free to add me x

We're the same size :). My goal is 125ish, though. I've gotten to 119 in the past, but I felt like I lost muscle to do it. Right now, I'd like to see 125 and re evaluate. I have mine set at 1400 as well, and I feel good there. At 1200, no one wants to be around me.
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 135. I started at 140. About one month in I decided to increase my calories and I'm now at 1420. (I used the www.fat2fitradio.com tools to figure out my BMR). I'm eating my 1400 but don't always eat back my exercise cals. I'm set to 1/2 pound a week and sedentary since I have a desk job (even though I try and workout 3-4 days a week).
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5, 117 and I eat about 1,800 calories a day and seem to be losing even though I only have about 7 lbs to lose. Its going slowly but i'm at a 45 cal deficit. Im trying to lose, but not REALLY. Its not my main focus but I am still losing at this tiny deficit. LOL Don't be afraid to up your cals.
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    When you say don't eat below your BMR does that mean after exercise? Because I rarely eat back my exercise calories so by the end of the day i have a few hundred cals left.
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I am 5'4" and weigh 134. My goal is 125.
    I have been on MFP for a month and started with the 1200 cals but thought that was insane and nothing I wanted to do long term. I have logged for 30 days in a row, exercised 5 days a week minimum and lost nothing.

After I read a lot on here about eating more calories and losing weight and reading about eating cals between BMR and TDEE, I decided to up my cals to 1450 and eat back my exercise calories.
    I have read that many women have success eating about 15 % below their TDEE and never netting below BMR.

My BMR is 1300 with my TDEE ( Set at Lightly active so I can eat back my exercise cals) at 1842.

I do 30Day shred or Ripped in 30 for 5 days a week, and usually walk for an hour on Sat and Sundays, and am busy throughout the day ( I have three kids, but I am not crazy busy though) so I figured out my TDEE at lightly active and am eating back the exercise cals- I like it better and find it easier that way with MFP.

Since 15% less of my TDEE is around 1560 cals, I should have to increase my calories even more, but am kind of nervous so taking it a step at a time.

When I think back to any time in my life that I seemed to lose weight "effortlessly" it always seemed to be when I was really busy ( super active job) yet eating like a pig!

Who knows if this will work, I am hopeful. I just know that I wasn't losing anything anyway this past 30 days so what do I have to lose?! ( Tee hee).

If anyone has any thoughts about what I am doing or if they have had similar experience or success with upping cals etc., I would love the feedback or encouragement.
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Id love to hear from others in the same boat!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I was 135 this morning but I've been fluctuating between 135 and 140 for the past four months. I can't seem to get below 135 for some reason. My goal is 125 to 130. Right now I'm eating between 1600-1800 calories per day and I'm not eating back exercise calories. I tried eating more for a couple of months (eating back exercise calories and netting 1300-1500) and didn't lose so I dropped it back to just eating 1600-1800 again like I had been doing last summer/fall. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be working now either.

If I was losing inches I wouldn't care so much but I'm not losing pounds or inches. I'm not sure how many calories I should be eating. I cannot eat less than 1600 as I about pass out when I'm running if I lower my calories any more.
  • J3NZ0R
    J3NZ0R Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and started at 148. I only lost two pounds eating 1200/day for a couple months. I do high intensity work outs four or five times per week, though, so I think I simply wasn't eating enough. Recently upped to 1480; we'll see how that goes!