Home Exercise Suggestions

Options
In 4 weeks I'm moving out of the city and to a little town in the country. There is no gym there (I'm sad to go cancel my gym membership)
The closest gym will be 45 minutes away.

What are some workout videos/methods/equipment that I can use at home?

I hear a lot of people on here talking about various Jillian Michaels videos. What do I need to go along with them? Some hand weights? etc.

I plan to buy a treadmill, and I do a lot of walking with my dogs and my family, but also want to do some other work outs.

Thanks!

Replies

• avandy83
    avandy83 Posts: 23
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Jam! It's fun! Also, with my TV service, On Demand I get tons of free exercise videos!
  • ChinaLexie
    ChinaLexie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy a couple dvd's! I live in China and MOST Chinese women (99.7%) are bean poles, so there are few gyms, if any. I recommend Jillian's "Ripped in 30" and "Shred It with Weights". I use heavy and light dumb bells of like 3 lbs and 8 lbs, but my friend Renae prefers just the three lb'ers. This is a GREAT dvd because it has four different levels, so if you get stronger, you just move up. No boredom. :) They are on iTunes or you can get them in stores, whatever your preference!

Another one I enjoy is on iTunes called "Yoga Works Body Slims". It is a 48 minute intense (cardio) yoga video that incorporates a lot of core, legs, back, arms and butt. Woo! Perfect.

I have "Insanity" but it is SO "bounce/jump" heavy that it kills my weak shins. But it's an awesome workout!

I've heard good things about Turbo Fire, but I'm not in the market for an expensive workout collection. :)

Good luck!!
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thanks, great suggestions.

I saw a bunch of Jillian's workouts in a store last weekend. I'll go take a look at them this weekend (and price!)
    I'm also not interested in an expensive collection.