NSV "You have a jawline!"

Options
So the past few days I've had a couple Scale Victories: 1/2way to goal, moved from "Obese" BMI to "Overweight". More than 40 pounds lost so far.

But I think the best was when I was out with friends the other night. They've been aware that I've been working to lose weight, and have been really supportive - asking how it's going, not sticking the pizza under my nose, etc. This week, I had to go to a work event before our get-together, so was dressed a little more professionally than the usual jeans & fleece. So I think the change was a little more noticeable and everyone commented on how much progress I've made.

However, I think the best was one friend (who's known me since I was 50 pounds lighter than when I started this journey) said "You have a jawline!"

I mean I didn't realize until he said it that it had disappeared, but it was great to hear that it was back.

Of course I celebrated by eating 2 slices of pizza. Grrrrrrrr. But with the help of MFP, I'm back on plan and headed towards goal!

Replies

• Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    aww fantastic!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    That is great!! I'm patiently waiting for mine to return as well!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That's a great story! It's so great when friends and family notice the progress you've made. Keep up the great work :) You'll have more than just a jawline soon, I'm sure of it!
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys!
    It's things like this that keep me going.

Good luck to you all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!