Military Combat Fitness NSV

Options
Just come back off a 3 day exercise which was absolutely brilliant (BUT VERY TIRING AND HARD!) and was really chuffed at how I noticed how easy it was to move around and RUN in all the gear plus extra gear specific to the exercise compared to when I was Initial Officer Training 2 and a half years ago when my fitness scores indicated I was of a GOOD fitness level, not just acceptable.

Why is this such a significant NSV? because I was already fit and this just is a marked improvement in something that is very relevant and the reason why I should stay mega fit for my job... it also puts confidence in me that I may be suited to further postings I'm interested in the future that involve more time on the ground and not in a tower! Being able to cope when absolutely shattered and running on crap ration pack food and run and move around quickly with LOTS of awkward and heavy kit on which restricts some mobility made me feel fantastic.....

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!

Ooh and thank you for your service. :bigsmile:
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like to say there's no training like military combat training. The best OVERALL shape I've been in my life was when I was serving. Obviously you know as an Officer you are an example for the men and women in your unit. Keep up the good work!!!

Train for war, FIGHT for peace.