2 running NSV's

Options
alliesun53
alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
I'm doing the C25K program, and I love it. I did week 5, day 3 today, which is a 5 minute warms up walk, and 20 minute jog, and a cool down walk. I've never run 20 minutes straight, so to say I was intimidated is an understatement. But I told myself I would try it and just do my best.

I went to the local high school track because it's so nice outside....so I was counting my laps and I realized that I was about to have run a full mile without stopping. Just the thought of that made me energized to keep going for the full 20 minutes.

So my first running NSV: a mile without stopping.
My second: I did ALL 20 minutes with out stopping or walking.

I'm so pumped about this. It's such a big deal for me. YAY!

anyone who is struggling with this program, just let it do its job. I started barely making the 1 minute running intervals...and now I'm running 20 at a time.

WOOHOO!!!

Replies

• chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    what does nsv mean? i keep seeing this.

congrats to your successes! the couch to 5k program is a great way start or get back into running. i have recently done the c25k program and will be doing my first 5k this sunday.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Outstanding. Congratulations! You are going great. I always love being able to do something I know I couldn't do in previous weeks, it's such a sense of accomplishment.
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! I know exactly how you feel! Keep it up!
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    NSV = non scale victory!!

And that is a fantastic NSV - I'm on week 4, run 3 will be tomorrow. I've never gotten through week 5 before without either killer shin splints or a sprained ankle. I've got 5 toe shoes and so far so good. Hope to be where you are in a week from tomorrow.
  • surgesilk
    surgesilk Posts: 92
    Options
    Great job! Just a few more weeks and you graduate from C25K!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!