Valentine's Fitness Challenge Feb 4

Options
I'm up early today.

Today is spinning (not my normal day, have to go do research tomorrow evening) for 45 minutes, and a 40 minute walk there and back. Also, traipsing around campus for about 20 minutes with my (too heavy to think about) backpack on.

Happy Monday, ladies!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm up early today.

Today is spinning (not my normal day, have to go do research tomorrow evening) for 45 minutes, and a 40 minute walk there and back. Also, traipsing around campus for about 20 minutes with my (too heavy to think about) backpack on.

Happy Monday, ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • sante9719
    Options
    I know it is pretty late but I just joined the site and would like to join the valentine's day challenge. If I can lose 5lbs by the 14th I will be elated. What do you think, can I do it. I exercise regularly and am making a conscious effort to manage my diet (i.e joining the site). I work full time and am a full time student and just need a little motivation to stay focused when life decides to kick me in the butt., which seems to be a lot lately
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

So, what we do on this challenge, is set a workout goal and then a new thread is started every day where we report (and occasionally confess) how we did.

Jump on in.:flowerforyou:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Thanks for getting us started today viviakay! Hope everyone had a rejuvenating weekend and is ready to make the final push towards Valentine's Day. We have 10 days left to get this done. Review your goals, evaluate your progress so far, and make any last minute changes that need to be made to get you across the final finish line. We are almost there!

I decided to play a little exercise game during the super bowl. They worried me until the 4th quarter though. Everytime there was a score I hopped up and rode my bike for the number of minutes that equaled their touchdown or field goal. It was supposed to be a high scoring game, I thought! Oh, well. I got in 31 minutes. I also drank SO much water while I was watching that I was practically up every few hours all night! That had to be exercise! Note to self... limit water consumption later in the day. :tongue: I will finally have my blood pressure meds today so I will be able to start filling my chart out to completion for the rest of the week. It's looking pretty sad so far! Only 3 stickers in 3 days!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ Everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a FABULOUS week!!!
    Niccole

ps Welcome sante9719! Check in to let us know your fitness goals and how you did for the day!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    10 days! It's never enough.

Yesterday I went to husband's gym and did the cybex machine - somewhere between a step and elliptical. It was a reminder about how we get used to a certain exercise. I was sweating buckets! I also did 20 min elliptical and a 20 min walk.

I may not make it to my two classes today (or at least one of them yoga/strength training) as my poor old kitty is ill. Not sure what is wrong yet, other than her normal kidney failure, I think she could be backed up.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Evening Ladies:flowerforyou: I thoroughly enjoyed my night out last night. The company was great, the food was good & the game was FANTASTIC!

I weighed myself this morning & I didn't do any damage last night. I was alternating a beer and a tall glass of water. I continue to do the Biggest Loser Cardio Max & wore my ankle weights today.

Everyone have a great evening!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Still recovering. I did some house cleaning and laundry and went to Walmart. Tomorrow I hope to do more!
  • sante9719
    Options
    Aren't those biggest loser dvd's the best. I have all of them. I do them whenever I can't make it to the gym. Today I did Jillian Michaels full frontal and back in Action Dvd's. My goal for the week is to run 12 miles, spin at least 3 times, and make it to the gym by 5 am the rest of the work week. Even though I have to drag myself out of bed to make it there, I always feel better after I'm done and it sets the tone for the whole day. After reading some of the other posts I feel motivated already. Thanks for welcoming me to the group!!!!!!!!!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    First day of beginners yoga for me. I enjoyed the game yesterday even though the Patriots lost. I celebrated my 50th birthday with NO cake this year. My kids are great, they knew I have been working hard and decided not to tempt me. I did get a yoga mat and blocks and a dvd. Glad to see we have a new member, the more the merrier.:smile:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    60 min on gazelle.

I was well behaved with my portions last night and did a lot during the day so I could earn a few extra calories. Got home and did my hour workout before bed, so all was good. I need to add some intensity to my workouts so I'm going to do intervals on gazelle this week and hopefully get out to run before the weather gets nasty again!