Scale Addiction - Beat the odds

Options
Hello,

Im a scale addict!

Tomorrow i will weigh in and not cheat sneak a peek any of those options till April 7th! TWO whole weeks to beat the odds of my addictions to weighing in... Im doing this just so I can prove that I can do anything. For any that have this issue you know how hard this is.

Wanna be a part of this.. Be my guest just join us tomorrow weigh in and support anyone doing this... and feel the joy when you weigh in in 2 weeks, after 2 weeks of eating healthy and working out.... =0)

♡Good Luck♡

Replies

• Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Liz and I am a scale addict too. I am joining you tom. :bigsmile:
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Nici and I used to be a scale addict.

I took the entire month of November off last year and while the first week was torture, the second week was better and by the fourth week I was over the scale and actually had to put a reminder on my phone so I would actually weigh in. :laugh:

Ever since I tend to weigh in randomly, but March is double workout challenge (Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 Pack) and I'm really looking forward to the final results on April 1.
  • paleseptember784
    Options
    I, too, am a scale addict... I weigh myself at LEAST three times a day on three, four, sometimes five scales at a time... it's ridiculous, it only serves to make me upset bc weight fluctuates so much, and I know I ought to stop it... but I can't help it!! :(
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to give up scaling every day but GOSH is it HARDDDD!

I'm with you! No weighing until April 7th.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I have a strange urge to go weigh myself, again.
    Two weeks...how can you make it that long...
    I'll try, but it won't be easy.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Nothings easy, but boy will it be worth it
  • penrbrown
    Options
    I have a strange urge to go weigh myself, again.
    Two weeks...how can you make it that long...
    I'll try, but it won't be easy.

Hee. I know right? It seems like forever. Shouldn't we start with smaller increments? Like, not weighing every 24 hours? We could do that and then move into 48 hours and then SLOWLY into a week and then eventually into two weeks? Right? Wouldn't be better??? *twitch twitch*
  • aSunflower
    aSunflower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I could stop anytime I wanted to..... really....
  • Brittanyhop
    Options
    I am a scale addict - I will try this out with you- I'm sure it will make me mentally stronger :)
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was on my way to becoming a scale addict. Now, I keep it hidden until Mondays, when I weigh myself.

Out of sight, out of mind.
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I so need this! I weigh on Mondays officially but I'm on the scale every day! I need to stop it too cause I have been working out and thought I'd have a loss but yesterday and today I was up 2 lbs since Monday. I will vow to only weigh in on Mondays like I'm supposed to!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm joining!! I weigh myself almost everyday and it needs to stop. I begin weight training on Tuesday, so I will just be tortured if I keep weighing.
  • xYumzx
    Options
    Today is Saturday March 24th 2012... I vow I will not weigh in again till Saturday April 7th 2012....
    Weigh in... 187.0lbs - Colleen(couch2yumz2012)

Add your name and take the pledge!
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Today is Saturday March 24th 2012... I vow I will not weigh in again till Saturday April 7th 2012....
    Weigh in... 187.0lbs - Colleen(couch2yumz2012)

Add your name and take the pledge!

I take the pledge...started yesterday didnt see a computer til today

weigh in....141.6- Liz (lizabee84)
  • penrbrown
    Options
    Oh. My. Goodness. It was SOOO hard not to get on the scale this morning! But I thought of you guys and it stopped me from giving in to temptation. Haha.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    GET RID OF THE SCALE!!!!!!!!

you should worry about inches lost rather than lbs lost!

I was ADDICTED to the scale too, and was letting it really get to me, that my Fiance had to hide it from me!
  • xYumzx
    Options
    Oh. My. Goodness. It was SOOO hard not to get on the scale this morning! But I thought of you guys and it stopped me from giving in to temptation. Haha.
    if it werent for you guys I wouldnt be able to do this
  • penrbrown
    Options
    if it werent for you guys I wouldnt be able to do this

Exactly. Thank goodness for MFP!
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am a scale addict too!! And I also want to get rid of the scale for 2 weeks. My fiance doesn't live with me at the moment, otherwise, I would have asked him to hide it. I hate knowing where is is.

Today is Monday March 26th 2012. I vow I will not weigh in again till Monday April 9th 2012.
  • penrbrown
    Options
    I am a scale addict too!! And I also want to get rid of the scale for 2 weeks. My fiance doesn't live with me at the moment, otherwise, I would have asked him to hide it. I hate knowing where is is.

Today is Monday March 26th 2012. I vow I will not weigh in again till Monday April 9th 2012.

Do you have a close friend you could leave the scale with for two weeks?