Have you reset your food journal settings for nutrition?

Options
Have you changed what you track on your food journal or changed your daily allowance from the standardized recommendation from MFP?

I am going to work on my sugar intake this next week so I just added that to my nutrition tracking.

My friend said that I should up my protein and lower my carbs?

Has anyone else made changes? Why did you?

Replies

• lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Yes, I changed my protein as well, it was way too low and I lowered my carbs
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Yes I changed mine to start tracking potassium because my sodium was always too high....
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    yup, i upped my protein and lowered carbs. I also increased my fiber goal
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I increased protein and lowered carbohydrates. I additionally track fiber and potassium, because those are two things I tend to run low on.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i changed mine to 40c / 30F / 30P as MFP standards of 55C / 15P are waaay too low on protein if you are working out.
    I also upped my sugar to 60g as i was going over just from a glass of milk and an apple which was ridiculous lol
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have changed my standard recommendations to monitor my sugar intake as well because sugar is my major weakness. Although I do exceed the level MFP gives, it is much lower than I used to take in with all the desserts and sugary stuff I used to it. Once I got my body fat% accurately measured by the Bodpod test, the coach recommended me to add 2-3 lbs of lean mass by eating more protein and greens. So I did increase my protein intake to 40%. I dont always hit that goal but at least I try to eat at least 100 gms every day.
  • lrkidd
    lrkidd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did just recently because I am insulin resistant and really should eat that many carbs. I'm glad I did because it also adjusted my calorie intake. I have lost almost 20 pounds and it dropped my calories by 100 a day. Now that I know this I am going to adjust every 20 pounds to make sure I am still on track.

6807119.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I changed it all. My calories and the percentage of protein,fat and carbs. If you work out regularly I feel MFP does not give you enough of anything especially protein. My body does not like a lot of carbs so I have that percentage lowered. I track fiber also since it is net carbs that really matter on your carb intake (total carbs - fiber = net carbs).
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I did. I changed my carb/fat/protein ratio to 40/30/30. Mine was because I wasn't losing anything where I was at, so I decided to decrease my carb intake, and my hair started falling out and people said i should try increasing my fat... So I did. I just changed mine this week, but so far so good.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I have mine set to 40/30/30 as well. I also track my sodium and fiber, so I added those settings to my journal.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The settings are just a guideline, but can be tuned into whatever you would like to focus on. Reducing carb intake will generally reduce sugars. But of course to make up the calories or be hungry, you can add fats or proteins or both. If you are going to monitor a specific nutritional component like sugars, check your entries to be certain the database is accurate. There are entry errors or omissions on a regular basis.
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I changed the carb protein and fat %. Other than that, no.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    yup! I track sugar and sodium out of curiosity. My macros are: 25%carbs, 25% protein and 50% fat.
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    How do you go about changing the stats are already given?
  • OccupyFitness
    Options
    How do you go about changing the stats are already given?

You can go to My Home - Goals - and you can set your own goals manually.

I am going to try a 40/30/30 like others here and see how it goes for a week.

I need to shake something up!
  • tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i change mine all the time. currently set to watch fat, carbs, protein, fiber, sodium. i always change mine based on what workout program i'm doing. i've found that higher protein and lower carbs has helped a lot.