Hi all!

Options
madzdad
madzdad Posts: 14 Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Jay. I have been using MFP off and on for quite awhile, but never got involved in the community until recently. I am 44, been up and down my entire life, mainly emotional eating and being sedentary. 15 years ago I had gastric bypass surgery and dropped from 470 down to 235 and I looked really good, but separations and travel (and a bunch of other things) slowly put it back on until I reached 390 last year. Then things began to change, with a lot of force of will and help from a very good counselor and friends, I separated from my spouse of 18 years in what was a very toxic marriage. I moved out last November and promptly put on 23 pounds. In January I saw the scale at 413 and was just done with it. I imagine that my counselor suggesting depression meds helped too, and off I went. I hasn't been easy, I find the changing of the diet easier then motivating myself to get out and exercise. I was hurting all over, but after the first 15, I found that a lot of the pain in my joints went away, I think I just got over a "tipping point".

I have two girls 10 and almost 14 who are active and healthy and are thrilled that their daddy is going out on walks and bike rides with them now when they are here half the time. I had a really hard emotional event last week that stalled me a bit, but I got back on track. I am in the very early stages of the formal divorce process and know I have hard times ahead of me, but I am going to get through them and the weight will come off. About a week ago I decided to fill out my profile and start looking for friends to build a support network. It has been great so far and I am always looking for more.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I really like the positive camaraderie here an look forward to making new friends. Have a great weekend everyone.

Replies

• Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hello Jay
  • skinnygirl2003
    skinnygirl2003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Jay!
    My Name is Amy and I like you have a long weight loss journey ahead of me! But so far things are great this time around! I currently am a member of Metabolic Research Center and they have been awsome!! I havent lost this much on my own in a very long time! Losing weight is so worth it I am glad you found me as a wight loss friend cuz we all need the support and we will get this done!!!!