Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Hi all :)

Options
Just thought I'd say hi. :)

New to the forums but been using MFP for over a year now and I'm from England. I lost about 25lbs last year and then around summer things went downhill and life took over and I put 7lbs or so back on. :( Trying again this year to reach my goal. So far I'm down those 7lbs I put on (and a little bit more) but I've still got a fair way to go. My goal is down as 125 as that's the middle of my healthy BMI range but to be honest, I suspect if I did get down to that I might start to look a bit ill so it'll be whatever in the 135-125 range looks/feels the most healthy.

Trying to loose weight by eating less (shockingly easy once I curb my chocolate cravings!) and most of my exercise is from dance based games on my Wii. The idea of even going to a gym scares me silly and being able to exercise at home is handy - and hey, it's working so far. I know strength training is meant to help weight loss but I'm not sure what I could do as I have a long term wrist injury which my doctors seem unable to diagnose/cure which means I can't take any weight at all through my wrist.
That injury also put a halt to other things I like doing. I'm a Guide/Ranger leader (girlguidingUK) and us leaders normally love to join in/encourage the girls by doing the adventurous stuff ourselves but I can't do most of it now which is frustrating. At least I still have my walks/hikes in the surrounding countryside when my friends all manage to find a time everyone is free! I look forward to the day when I'm not the one at the back trying desperately not to get left behind.