NY orders calories posted on chain menus

Options
Remember the NYC push to get calorie counts posted on menus at chain restaurants? The rule flopped in the courtroom, since it was deemed unfair that only the restaurants already listing their nutritionals online had to comply. Some of those restaurants even rebelled by yanking nutritional info from their websites (ANNOYING!). Well the plan is back -- and it's better. The new NYC regulation (due to go into effect on March 31st) applies to ANY chain with at least 15 separate outlets, INCLUDING those that don't currently provide any nutritional info. So it looks like we could all be learning the calorie and fat counts from chains that currently keep that information under wraps -- places like T.G.I. Friday's and IHOP. Yowsa! More on this as the story develops...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/diet.fitness/01/22/calories.menus/

~Joanna:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Remember the NYC push to get calorie counts posted on menus at chain restaurants? The rule flopped in the courtroom, since it was deemed unfair that only the restaurants already listing their nutritionals online had to comply. Some of those restaurants even rebelled by yanking nutritional info from their websites (ANNOYING!). Well the plan is back -- and it's better. The new NYC regulation (due to go into effect on March 31st) applies to ANY chain with at least 15 separate outlets, INCLUDING those that don't currently provide any nutritional info. So it looks like we could all be learning the calorie and fat counts from chains that currently keep that information under wraps -- places like T.G.I. Friday's and IHOP. Yowsa! More on this as the story develops...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/diet.fitness/01/22/calories.menus/

• hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This is good ny is just trying to make everyone healthier. Plus many other cities and restaurants jump on the bandwagon after the fact. We stay in ny a lot at a hotel while dh goes and works (we are here now). So this is also a place where we eat out a lot. It is about time people can make informed desicions about what they are putting in their bodies instead of just guessing. Thanks for this posting
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    You're welcome:bigsmile:

• whendee05
    Options
    i hope they make this happen everywhere! it would really make everyone think twice about what they eat!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    It sure would.