13»

Replies

• brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    you look great! Keep up the great work!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You've made amazing progress! :)
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference - Congrats!
  • geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    No reason to be nervous about posting - you look fabulous!! Great work!
  • bee1248
    bee1248 Posts: 27
    Options
    Nice work! And by the by... that's only 2 and a half months if you started in January :wink:

Even better. Math has never been my strong suit ;)
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC work! You should be so proud of yourself; not embarassed or nervous to post! :) Keep it up!

I would certainly echo what others have suggested however; don't wait to starting lifting, start now! The sooner you work at building muscle, the sooner you will see results. Not to mention you'll rev up your metabolism and be working towards a balance body as opposed to a cardio only figure. There are lots of free resources (bodybuilding.com, Oxygen magazine online) to select a beginner program from, lots of forums on MFP with people eager to help, and there's also a great book out there that retails for under $20 called The New Rules of Lifting for Women = AWESOME resource.

Cheers!
  • geniiita
    geniiita Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You have nothing to worry about, you look great! Congrats! :) Also, omigosh I own those same shorts in your before picture! I <3 them.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    You look great!

Start weight training NOW. Don't wait! :)

yeah, why do you want to wait until a certain weight to weight train? (That's a lotta wait/weights! haha)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    You look Fantastic!

I agree with others though, you should start weight training now, you don't need to wait. Muscle burns more calories! And you'll see inches come off pretty quick with weight training too.
  • bee1248
    bee1248 Posts: 27
    Options
    What would the people who suggest starting weight training now suggest I start with. The reason I haven't done any yet is because I am currently training to be able to run a 5K this summer and I wanted to focus on one thing at a time. Is there a better way to do this? LOL I'm still fairly new at this.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and I can only imagine how much better you feel. Thank you for posting and inspiring me!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    What would the people who suggest starting weight training now suggest I start with. The reason I haven't done any yet is because I am currently training to be able to run a 5K this summer and I wanted to focus on one thing at a time. Is there a better way to do this? LOL I'm still fairly new at this.

I had no clue where to start so I signed up for a free personal training session at my gym and it was really helpful. I do cardio 4x a week and strength training 3x a week. I love it.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Oxygen Magazine is GRRREATT! I can't stress this enough. Both the hard copy magazine and their website is fantastic; slide shows for the moves, lots of descriptions. I'd suggest starting there if you're a total newbie. If you're currently training for a road race, it's even more important that you incorporate strength training (cross training), especially in the core/back/shoulders area since tend to put stress on these when we're running. It's also very important to make sure you're stretching on a regular basis.

A great beginner program would be something like this, something you can even do from home!

http://www.oxygenmag.com/Training/Slideshows/Stay-Home-Get-Slim.aspx#slide-1

If you have access to a gym, see if they offer a free personal training session to get you started.
    If you have any questions or want any help, feel free to friend me :) I love helping people discover the world of weights! :)
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a difference...you look great! Keep it up :)
  • Sharney3154
    Sharney3154 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Very brave of you posting the pics but it has helped motivate alot of us. thank you.
  • auntlooloo
    Options
    Awesome job! Very inspriational! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!