Alcohol Drinks

Options
For those that drink, what's the best low calorie option?

Replies

• SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke and vodka, mainly. They also sell "skinny girl" cocktails at most liquor stores (at least in NJ), that are around 35 cals for a small glass. If you drink beer, there are tons of low calorie options for beer like MGD64.
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    At home its easier, esp those skinny girl drinks. But at a bar, sometimes I wonder what to get. I got pinot grigio tonight.
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    I drink Cotton Candy flavored Pinnacle vodka with Sprite Zero...it is yummy!!!!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    1/2 a bottle of red wine is only 250 calories. That's all I need! :)
  • sheli1971
    Options
    I saw fergie on a talk show last night. She has a line of flavored vodkas out there that are low calories. She said they are lower in Proof but you can drink them" on the rocks". Without the shock of a full proof shot of vodka. However, I cant think of the name of it for nothing ???? Just google Fergie and Vodka sure you will find it!!!she was also making some drinks ( martinis)with diet sprite and low calorie cranberry juices and other low cal juices. I was really loving it!!! However I love skinnygirl vodka, amaretto and diet coke or Coke zero. Tastes like Cherry coke!!! Lower calorie then my original concoction!!!!:happy:
  • tabithaanne
    Options
    Pinnacle Whipped Vodka and Diet A&W Rootbeer. Tastes like a rootbeer float! One 1.5 ounce shot is 100 calories, zero calories for the rootbeer and you don't need that many drinks if you know what I mean.
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wine or vodka with club soda.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    One beer or glass of wine is not too bad. Stay away from any foofy mixed drinks and you'll be fine.
  • medlicott68
    Options
    Vodka with soda water and a little lime juice with lots of ice.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Anything "girly" and with lots of fixtures (umbrella's, fruit on toothpicks, etc) has tons of sugar.

Other wise, it's pretty simple: the more alcohol content, the more calories.

There is no one kind of drink (vodka, beer, wine) that has less calories than the other because THERE ARE MANY MANY KINDS of each type. *facepalm*
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I feel like there is one of these posts every time Friday rolls around.

Rum and diet coke. 60 cals per drink.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am a rum and diet pepsit girl through and through.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    The darker the alcholic drink the more sugar!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff vanilla vodka has only 92 calories per shot added to diet orange soda and it tastes like those 2 tone bars. :o)
  • Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for vodka and diet something (coke, red bull) or gin and diet tonic water. To be honest though either way if your talking night out with a few drinks there is no true low calorie way to do that. i've spent a long time in the gym today and still not quite earned back tonights drinking :ohwell:
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hell with that..I rather have a nice full beer or a bada$$ margarita than any low cal alcoholic beverage.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I am a rum and diet pepsit girl through and through.

Amen Sister
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Vodka water! With lemon! When I make it at home, I pretty much make vodka lemonade with no sugar. I like tart :)
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I feel like there is one of these posts every time Friday rolls around.

that's because mfp users have their priorities in order. :drinker:
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Put orange juice, ice, and vodka in a blender. It blends up like a smoothie, tastes great, and if you throw a toothpick umbrella in the glass, it looks like one of those high calorie frozen drinks.