Any LARPers?

Options
2»

Replies

• cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would totally recommend to anyone to try LARPing. Especially NERO, even if you are shy at NERO you can always find a group to hang out with. At NERO I have seen people transformed from shy people that wouldn't even look you in the eyes at school become the center of attention (gladly) and fight like a boss. It's also great exercise. At NERO we do boffer fighting where we fight with foam padded spears, swords, hammers, axes, etc. I never fail to come home from a NERO event with sore legs from running throught the woods and sore arms from sparring. NERO can also be very complex to workout you brain too :smile: There are murder mysteries and clues that need pieced together.
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Went to the Gathering last year in the UK and loved it. Going back again this year. Otherwise I stick to tabletop RP, since most of my friends prefer that. Do treasure my mace though :P
    I hve heard that the UK has great larping! I guess over there you guys get a lot more into it and go all out? I have seen pics and it looks freaking awesome! Have fun!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I like to dress up as Kim Kardashian. I look more like the bigger sister though.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Went to the Gathering last year in the UK and loved it. Going back again this year. Otherwise I stick to tabletop RP, since most of my friends prefer that. Do treasure my mace though :P
    I hve heard that the UK has great larping! I guess over there you guys get a lot more into it and go all out? I have seen pics and it looks freaking awesome! Have fun!

I am told there are all ranges, there are groups with casual and then very "into" it with realistic costumes and 100% IC. The gathering is sort of the "party event" of the year, so that is more relaxed. It is also a rather big event. Two good reasons for me to choose that as a 1/year thing hehe. Fight with latex weapons, so semi-realistic looking.

Was also in the SCA, but it just confuses me - so much inbetween LARP and reenactment. Fun though and mostly nice people. Love the Rapier fighting there, and would have loved Heavy fighting as well, but agreed that it wouldnt be smart to risk injuries hehe.
  • grizzlyarden
    Options
    I larp in Hampton Virginia with a group called orcslarp. It is a lot of fun and a great way to burn calories while having fun!