What do you eat for breakfast?

2»

Replies

• Shakeology!
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    I like variety, but have several 'go to' breakfasts:
    1. piece of whole wheat bread with sweet hot mustard, 1 serving of land o' frost lunch meat (smoked ham is my favorite), 1 ounce of cheddar cheese, and a cup of milk

2. cottage cheese w/ pineapple tidbits and a slice of toast

3. two egg omelet w/ red bell peppers, ham, cheese, spinach, onion (mushrooms in my husbands), a slice of toast with I can't believe it's not butter and sugar free preservatives, and a cup of milk
  • LauraW116
    LauraW116 Posts: 26
    I'm Pretty simple, 2 Eggs everyday sometimes add bellpeppers or extra stuff.. Ive seen good results just by reducing off the milk and cheese and breads
  • Mines rather boring. My meals lack recipe, haha. Normally I have a slice of whole wheat toast with low fat cottage cheese on it, I fine it's a good start to a say and makes the start to a long day a little better. Mm.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152

It's Ezekiel Cinn Raisin Bread actually. It's awesome.

My mom swears by that stuff. I'm really going to have to get some. It's in the freezer section, right?
  • Scrambled egg (cooked without oil/butter) and a toasted slice of Ezekiel 4:9 wheat bread .. So satisfying that it keeps me full for a while!!!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    This, EVERY day. It's worth waking up a tad early for.

Please share what all that is and how you make it! It looks delicous!!! I wouldn't be able to eat all that in one sitting.

6 egg whites, habanero salsa, feta cheese, spinach omelet. then 1c of oats with 2tbsp of PB, banana, strawberry, blueberry. then 2 slices of ezekiel cinn rasin bread with tbsp of pb and banana.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    I need something quick and easy in the morning... I eat a Tillamook "light" yogurt (my fave has marionberries) 110 cals, (sweetened with truvia and stevia), and my "light" mocha that I make at home...followed up by a handful of almonds. (Mocha: tsp of stevia, tsp of instant folgers, 2 tbsp Nestle Nesquik, mug of hot water, fat free half/half.)

A breakfast idea that I like for lunch or dinner.... Saute' handful of spinach, add 2-4 egg whites, I add whatever fresh veggies are in the fridge...especially like thinly sliced broccoli, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms... Don't always, but sometimes add meat. I like to use Mrs. Dash for seasoning... A whole plate is usually less than 200 calories (meatless), and almost more food than I can eat.

12029845.png
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member

My mom swears by that stuff. I'm really going to have to get some. It's in the freezer section, right?

Trader joe's actually doesn't freeze it...though it traditionally is found in the freezer section yes.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    This, EVERY day. It's worth waking up a tad early for.

break232212.jpg

My husband has to eat like this in the mornings he consumes more calories in a day it completely baffles me but he isn't over weight or anything and you look pretty good yourself.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Hey there,

I am pretty boring, but I try to mix it up from day to day for some variety.
    1, Weetbix, 1/2 cup skim milk with a tiny bit of honey and a banana
    2. Porridge with honey
    3. Multigrain english muffin or a slice or whole grain/multigrain bread (12 grains and seeds) with either a boiled egg or poached egg
    4. A protein shake
    5. Raisin toast
    6. Fruit - banana, peaches, strawberries, grapes.
    7. Pancakes (low fat and on the weekend occasionally).
    8. Crumpets
    9. Yogurt

School holidays are coming up soon (I am a teacher) so I am looking forward to having more time to whip up a few new things! :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Nothing. I skip it and eat later in the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So why are you even in a breakfast thread? Confused.

Question was "what do you eat for breakfast". I answered.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    readybrek it makes you glow
  • leenites
    leenites Posts: 166 Member
    I'm boring too.

Oatmeal, flaxseed, fruit (1 banana,pear,dragon fruit or apple), protein shake.
    They have been my staples for years now.