Exercise and zits!

Options
2»

Replies

• SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    While it's a little pricey, I've found sometimes you really get what you pay for. I'm in love with the Proactiv line - especially the shower stuff, because there's an exfoliating body wash for the shower, AND a lotion with salicylic (sic) acid in it for you to put on after your shower! I actually used the stuff on my ex-boyfriend. When I met him, he had the WORST case of "backne" I've ever seen. I gave him some of my bath wash and lotion to start using, and would use the body pads on his back when we saw each other. By the time we broke up (4 months later :((( ), his acne was gone save for the occasional zit, and the scars from all the old ones were starting to fade. It definitely helps keep my breakouts at bay, too. I've found it also helps to put on a little Gold Bond (or some other medicated powder) in areas prone to sweating. For me, that's under my boobs, in the folds at my waist (working on losing those, UGH!), and where my stomach meets my legs.

Thanks! Someone else mentioned the Proactive body wash, maybe I'll just break down and buy some.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yes I have this issue too on my back and neck and I haven't found the cure yet either. I'll try things with Tree Oil in it and see if it helps.

Right now I put OTC acne scrubs on a back scrub brush and try and "attack" them that way, but it doesn't stop it. It just prevents it from getting worse.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I used to get this. It is caused by either yeast/fungal or bateria thriving on deadskin cells+wetness+heat+clogged pores. I used Neutrogena T/Sal shampoo as a body wash. It contains 3% Salicylic Acid to reduce flaking, shrinking pores and antimicrobial properties.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=14487&catid=183491&aid=338666&aparam=14487

If you have hyperpigmentation or too sensitive to salicylic acid. Tea tree soap has similar natural antimicrobial properties.

http://www.drugstore.com/desert-essence-cleansing-bar-tea-tree-therapy/qxp33975?catid=144413&fromsrch=Cleansing Bar Tea Tree Therapy - 3.5 oz

Thanks! I've seen this in the store but wasn't sure if it was worth the money. :)
    10036 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been using Neutrogena Body Clear body wash with pretty nice success.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I find that since i've started eating better, and drinking more water i have had much fewer acne problems. Even when my eating is not so good, there is a noticeable difference when i drink more water. I try to get my 8 glasses a day and will drink up to 14 if i need it.
  • CarpeDiem177
    Options
    Have your significant other wipe down your back twice a day with alcohol.
    Change soaps.
    Possibly change detergents that your clothes are being washed with.
    Go to a doctor and get a prescription for a topical cream. (mine just happened to see my neck from my uniform shirt one day and gave me a script for something. 3 days, all gone)
    Also, wearing a white undershirt to absorb natural sweat during the day can reduce the amount of dye that is pulled from the colored shirt into your pours when they are open.
    Dont forget that dieting, can change the way your body was hormonally balanced previously, and that the seasonal atmosphere is changing with a different type of air to your area. For Example, I get very dry in winter and usually break out at the beginning of the winter season when the air gets very dry. By spring time my body has adjusted to the current conditions and is tested again when the warm humid air arrives.
  • Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thats how mine are, painful painful painful. And they leave scars. So if I wear sleeveless shirts you can see them on my underarms and people just stare at them,

I get something similar, under my arms and along bikini line sometimes, very very painful (can hardly move sometimes) and if they are there for a while, make you feel a bit ill!! Just get antibiotics from the doctor but doesnt seem to help much! My beautician suggested a product called tend skin which seems to have helped it calm down a bit!!
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    Great tips everyone! I
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I get it bad on my back and shoulders and sometimes upper arms and the only thing I have found that helps me is about 15 minutes of sun exposure as weather permits. I am typically religious about sunscreen, but this is one instance that I let my skin get exposed. It makes a huge difference for me.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Whats your Fat% set to and how much essential fat are you eating daily?
    Or
    Open that diary!
  • Ladydiana23
    Options
    Ugh! acne sucks especially on your body. I cant tell you how many embarrassing times ive had at the beach when ive had these lesions. Ive had the hardest time learning how to cure zits. But definitely diet change and showering after workouts have helped me. For all my other acne I use proactiv and it works great! keep it up its not the end of the world. and for cheap proactiv check out www.howtocurezits.com

D
    Losing weight and feeling great :D