Anyone have any quick exercise ideas?

Options
As a single mom of three children (one of whom has uncontrolled epilepsy), I would appreciate any exercise ideas. I have tried videos but children climb on me, and I don't have a support system or finances for a gym either. Any ideas?

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Squats. Kids are heavy, and since they like to climb on you.. you can squat them.
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Youtube :) you can find all sorts of workout sessions on there....most of th 30 day shred is avaialble in full , leslie sansone walkin videos, les mills workout...most of the things you will find are between 15-30 minutes so good for you if your short on time and its all free. good luck.
    since they are so quick you can maybe fit them in before the kids get up or when they are in bed.
  • Azzne
    Azzne Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you both! I will look into it!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    You can do circuit of jumping jacks, squats, lunges, burpees, push-ups. Give it all you got, and it should get your heart rate up.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Bench press and squat your kids....great workout and they'll have fun.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Jump rope. Aerobic, agility. Can do it anywhere. There is a reason every boxer does it.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Get out and walk with the kids, make it a family event. Play a game while watching TV every commercial break do some body weight exercises {squats; burpees; push-ups; sit-ups}. While makeing dinner do lunges or squats {as safe}. Resistance bands {an old pair of nylons can be substituted}. Some exercises can be done in the bedroom and I am not referming to mattress tag.
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Running in place.. sounds funny, but works wonders.
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    I love the Leslie Sansone videos, they mostly do not require equipment, and they are not expensive- get them at the big chain stores or resale shops. A jumprope is good, cheap fun, and kids would like to do it with you. Walk around the neighborhood with the kids to run errands, or go to the park. Exercise bands and hand weights are inexpensive, and you could probably pick some up at garage sales. You only need maybe a pair of 5 pound weights to start, then buy 7 pounders when you need more challenge. Play badmitton or volleyball with the kids. Is there a public pool in your area where you could swim in the summer? You might be allowed to use the track or tennis courts at your local high school, check and see.