Grocery shopping

Options
2»

Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I only like cauliflower and.from eating it everyday I'm beginning not to like it . Don't like cottage cheese and I already eat grilled chicken for dinner every night.

How do you prepare your cauliflower? Is it the same every night? And you don't like ANY other veggies prepared in any way? Not lettuce, carrots, spinach, any kind of greens like kale or beet tops or chard, or things like fennel, eggplant, peas...? There is literally so many kinds of veggies out there and so, so many ways to prepare them that there has to be something else you find palatable.
    I just eat it raw I don't like to eat stuff out bv off natural state and no I don't like any of that stuff and everyone says I need to try them again but I do all the time

Honestly, it sounds like you are looking for an excuse to not eat healthy. You have literally shot down every idea that you have responded to. If you don't like veggies then eat fruit or try and cook cauliflower differently. And like someone else suggested, walk around the perimeter of the store and go crazy. Produce, yogurt, nuts (unsalted/sugared), chicken, lowfat cheese, lowfat milk, brown rice, sugar free jello. There are hundreds of good things that you can choose from...just avoid the candy/chip/cookie aisles.

^^^^ my exact thoughts reading threw this thread :(
  • OG724
    OG724 Posts: 1
    Options
    How about changing what you eat with the cauliflower? Hummus, low fat dips, quacamole. Brown rice. Quinoa, Millett. Steel cut oats can be made not just as breakfast but also can be made into something resembling rice pudding that goes for the millett too. Hard boiled eggs. How about making the spinach, cabbage, apple and pear smoothie with ginger and flax and water. Yummy believe it or not it is! Good Luck!
  • kissy28wv
    kissy28wv Posts: 74
    Options
    Fruit smoothies? throw a banana, berries and yoghurt in a blender. Healthy pizza? Pizza toppings on a whole wheat pita, throw some veggies you don't care for on it ( peppers, onions, mushrooms, chopped spinach all of these finely chopped can be hidden) Maybe try your veggies broiled with different sauces. I hated celery for all my life till I added laughing cow cheese and green onions now its my favorite snack.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    To be frank, and not to be ugly... you sound a lot like my daughter. She's 6 and refuses everything.
    If the intent is to become healthy - you have to make sacrifices. Cook things differently. Try things out.
    Shop the perimeters of the grocery store.
    If you don't like something - try a new recipe.
    I don't understand the 'I hate everything, I try things all the time' mentality when trying to lose weight.
    I hated a lot of things I now eat. But I learned to make things in different ways and now I enjoy them.
    More than that? I enjoy being healthy.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    chickenstrip.gif

Chicken strips heh heh

HA. Chicken strips. Sheeeit. That's funny. <3
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I only like cauliflower and.from eating it everyday I'm beginning not to like it . Don't like cottage cheese and I already eat grilled chicken for dinner every night.

How do you prepare your cauliflower? Is it the same every night? And you don't like ANY other veggies prepared in any way? Not lettuce, carrots, spinach, any kind of greens like kale or beet tops or chard, or things like fennel, eggplant, peas...? There is literally so many kinds of veggies out there and so, so many ways to prepare them that there has to be something else you find palatable.
    I just eat it raw I don't like to eat stuff out bv off natural state and no I don't like any of that stuff and everyone says I need to try them again but I do all the time

Honestly, it sounds like you are looking for an excuse to not eat healthy. You have literally shot down every idea that you have responded to. If you don't like veggies then eat fruit or try and cook cauliflower differently. And like someone else suggested, walk around the perimeter of the store and go crazy. Produce, yogurt, nuts (unsalted/sugared), chicken, lowfat cheese, lowfat milk, brown rice, sugar free jello. There are hundreds of good things that you can choose from...just avoid the candy/chip/cookie aisles.

I agree, good luck!
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^

Hate to say it, but they're right!
    You ask for "super super super healthy".. but wont eat any veggies.. that's about as super super super healthy as you can get.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I don't like most vegetables

It may be time to start learning to. A lot of people not liking veggies, imo, is how they are prepared.

Some of my favorites:
    Steamed broccoli (Pictsweet Steamables are great - frozen section - just follow bag directions)
    red bell peppers (raw, chopped)
    celery with peanut butter
    baked sweet potato - poke with fork then bake for 1.5 hours

It's all about an open mind and being willing to try things again :wink:
  • davenportk83
    davenportk83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How about salmon, tuna or tilapia for a new protein? Also, try tossing fresh veggies in a little olive oil and roasting in the oven. They caramelize and naturally sweeten the veggies! Yum! You can do almost any veggie this way, I roasted asparagus with a spritz of olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for a friend that HATED asparagus. Now she is totally hooked.
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Kippered herrings and Tuna....
  • bottenana
    bottenana Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Definately try some new proteins - fish is so delicious!!!!! So many kinds and ways to enjoy it. If you're not a fish person but looking for something else, try almond butter or natural peanut butter on whole grain bread.

Avoid anything with lots of sodium in it - even in the perimeters it's very sneaky in what foods it lies in.