Feeling Guilty

Options
2»

Replies

• FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey, your weightloss journey should be the start of a long-term lifestyle change, and that s*** would be pretty depressing if you couldn't have some unhealthy food with friends every once in a while. ;p It's silly to feel guilty if it's something you do very occasionally; it's just like treating yourself to a day at the spa or splurging on those gooooorgeous shoes -- you do it occasionally, it stings in the wallet just a little, but there's no long-term damage and it's worth it for the fun you have.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Everyone has given really sound advice. You've done amazingly to eat healthily for a month, allow yourself that little splurge (and let's face it it could have been much, much worse!) and carry on as you have been doing. One shared basket of fried will not de-rail you, don't worry!
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't feel guilty. I never do when I go out with friends and have a few drinks and eat something "bad". In fact, I usually rarely gain any weight from it. The key is every once in a while. I went over my calories by 771 yesterday and didn't gain a pound this morning. :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    press reset.

top athletes have "cheats". Yes, perhaps you don't train as often or as hard as an athlete, but the message is to forgive yourself and move on (hopefully) learning from it.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Sometimes real life gets in the way. Its how you deal with these paths that present themselves that makes your success continue. Budget in advance or try to make up for the deviations. Or just recognize that it was a bump in the path but you can keep going. See, you at least recognized that it happened. Imagine in the past (like most of us) that kind of indulgence would not have even been noticed!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Feeling guilty doesn't make anything better, so I do something that makes me feel better instead.
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    Cant feel guilty about it. We are all human and its better to eat the curly fries and drink and have a good time every so often. You deserve to go out and have fun, and like you said its every so often so enjoy it and then get back to your diet and exercise program the next day.
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all of the awesome responses!! I actually weighed myself today and I am down 1 pound since Monday. I am so excited. Like some of you have mentioned this is a lifestyle change not a "diet". There are going to be ups and downs along the way, but thankfully I found MFP to help me through this journey.
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all of the awesome responses!! I actually weighed myself today and I am down 1 pound since Monday. I am so excited. Like some of you have mentioned this is a lifestyle change not a "diet". There are going to be ups and downs along the way, but thankfully I found MFP to help me through this journey.

Well done! No long-term harm done, hey? ;p