P F Changs

Options
milphog
milphog Posts: 15 Member
Going to dinner tomorrow night to PF Changs. Last time I was there was about 15 years ago when I didn't care about what I ate. Anyone have any good healthy suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    The Cantonese Shrimp is the best. That's what I always get.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Their nutrition is available so I'd definitely check it out. My only issue with their nutritional information is that it breaks down the calories for a serving size but doesn't tell you how many servings are in an order.

At least last time I checked.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their spicy ground chicken and eggplant. Just look at the menu online and type in what looks good to you and then pick from those items that do the least damage.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    The lettuce wraps are great!!!!!
  • callmeabeast
    Options
    I LOVE the Buddha feast and coconut curry tofu, I generally pick off of the vegetarian side even though I'm not a vegetarian! and the double pan fried noodles (chicken) are great too, lots of veggies plus protein!
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Here is the web address for the nutritional info so you can see all the nutritional breakdowns for everything per serving:

http://www.pfchangs.com/menu/nutritionalinfo.aspx

Someone mentioned the Ground Chicken and Eggplant...was very good, however they no longer serve it (at least in my region).

There are plenty of healthier options as long as you stick to 1 serving. So you have to be a good judge of what a portion is when looking at the plate.

Good luck!! Enjoy
  • soagirl777
    soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Try the steamed vegetable dumplings. They are 45 calories each and 6 pieces come in an order for a total of 270 calories! Yummy!
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    edit
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love the veggie lettuce wraps- much better than the chicken,
  • Jgbabe06
    Jgbabe06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the double pan fried noodles!! I work there and this is pretty much the worst thing you can order. TONS of sodium. I try not to eat there, but when I'm on a double and have to eat the food, I usually order the grilled or steamed salmon, or dumplings steamed (no sauce). Even the lettuce wraps aren't the greatest. It fools people because your eating it with lettuce, but it's not that good for you.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Check out their website before you go, Nutrition facts are there. Just know that the numbers are per serving not per dish of food. When you order something it is 2-4 servings. I was shocked when I seen it and the sodium content is outrageous.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Go to Dotties Weight Loss Zone (free site - very helpful) web page...click on restaurants. Click on PF Changs. Beware of portion sizes though, they can make a low cal meal into a high one if not careful

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html