I'm new at this!

Hi everyone! Some of my friends have lost weight using this site and I hope to do the same! I was on Weight Watchers for a while and lost 30 pounds but quit as I thought I could do it alone. Big mistake! I gained the weight back and I'm in the worst shape of my life. Any help and encouragement from friends would be awesome! :smile:

Replies

• Kronayne
    Kronayne Posts: 4
    Glad you decided to join My Fitness Pal. I too have yo-yo'd for years and two years ago hit my all time heaviest. Freinds have been using this site so I decided to join too. I love that I can track both my exercise and meals. It has really helped. I have just started reading the posts and they have been a solid resource. Good luck and welcome to the site!
  • Hi Jersey! I just started too. I have no pearls of wisdom yet but I hope that you find it in yourself to keep at it. I'm glad I made the decision that my health and well-being are worth spending time and effort on, instead of just sitting around feeling awful and always being tired and waiting for something to change. I had to make the commitment and I am glad I did and I really hope I can keep up the enthusiasm I feel after a week. My best to you!
  • Hi Jersey, I just joined yesterday. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are. I lost 20lbs last year with the weight doctor and it all came right back after I quit going. However, this time feels a little different, I'm loving the site and the community. I hope all goes well for you, stay encouraged!
  • Hi Everyone:
    I also am a new member here. I went to a weight loss clinic yesterday, and the PA recommended this site as a tool to help me on their program. To tell you a little about myself, I lost 45 pounds with weight watchers and have kept it off for a year. However, no matter how I follow their program, I can no longer loose weight and I need to loose at least 15-20 more pounds to be at a healthy weight for my height. The weight loss clinic has me on a 1200 calorie a day diet, along with their supplements, vitamin injections weekly and daily prescription medication. I have tried everything to get the last of this weight off i.e., akins, slim fast, etc, and need some extra help. I exercise regularly. I hope I can be successful this time and get down to my goal size and feel good about myself again.
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    This is day two for me here. I had a baby seven months ago and have struggled to get rid of the extra lbs. I struggled with eatting disorders for 11 years now, and I am hoping this keeps me from going back to my old ways. I have noticed I like being held accountable for what I eat, and seeing it typed makes me realize how bad some of the things I have been eating really are! I'm hoping this works for me and everyone else!
  • sherilynn65
    sherilynn65 Posts: 26 Member
    hi and welcome !! ive been on and off here for the past year and i have lost some but this time i am so ready to stick with it. i have alot of support on here and the people here are awesome. you can add me as a friend if you like i always welcome more friends!! good luck on your journey its not easy but you can do this... any of you can add me if youd like too .good luck
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Hi Jersey! I've been fighting weight since grade school. My nickname was butterball. HAHAHA.

I tried every diet and nothing helped. I always gave up and fought to keep my weight within the military standard.

Anyway, I've been doing this for 5 weeks now and it's working!! 15 lbs down and feeling good!! I have this program on my iphone, ipad and PC so I have no excuse NOT to log.. Get a scale to weigh your food. NOT to restrict what you eat, but just to know how much. Admittedly, I had a craving two weeks ago for fast food and you know what? Crunchy Tacos from Taco Bell are only 170 Cals each! LMAO! Craving taken care of and all I did was to make sure I logged it. Easy..