Not a huge success, but I RAN MY FIRST MILE TODAY!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Although I am overweight, I am an athletic person and I have always had pretty good endurance... but running was not my forte. It was HARD, so anytime I went out to the track I struggled (mentally), but today I stuck it out and ran 1.04 miles in 10.56 seconds. Yes, I know... it's not the fastest mile, but it's great for me! I'm happy, so I thought I'd share some of my happiness :bigsmile:

Brilliant! That IS a huge success, well done, girl! You've motivated me to start running again, too! Massive well done :)
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Although I am overweight, I am an athletic person and I have always had pretty good endurance... but running was not my forte. It was HARD, so anytime I went out to the track I struggled (mentally), but today I stuck it out and ran 1.04 miles in 10.56 seconds. Yes, I know... it's not the fastest mile, but it's great for me! I'm happy, so I thought I'd share some of my happiness :bigsmile:

That is hilarious! I didn't realize I didn't include the minutes before the seconds! Ran a mile in 10 minutes and 56 seconds. HAHA
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That's a great success! But you got the units wrong - running a mile in 10 minutes is great, 10 seconds would be "faster than a speeding bullet" - almost!

Very funny, thank you for pointing that out.. LOL
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, every journey starts somewhere. I couldn't walk a mile when I started taking care of myself and I just kept going. 70 pounds later I am soooo glad I didn't quit. You WILL make your goals, just one foot in front of the other...
  • neberle02
    Options
    Congrat's! What an accomplishment. I just got up enough guts to resume spin classes today. I'm still here! Keep up the good work
  • piadora
    piadora Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am always amazed at how good hearing other peoples success stories can make you feel!,,,,,,
    GOOD FOR YOU! and thanks for sharing. I feel inspired to attempt the same...
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is such an inspiration!
  • rwa3457986
    Options
    One Mile in 10 seconds? hahah, sounds pretty speedy to me! SUrely you meant 10 minutes? LOL! Way to go, my goal is to be able to run too!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The first mile is the hardest...........congratulations!
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome!!. Way to go. Most successes are a process and you are on your way!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!