just bought insanity! advice?

Options
hi so today i bought insanity and i cant wait until it shows up but i just wanted to know if anyone had some advice for me??
will i need gloves or a mat?
how did you feel when you started the program and when it ended?
does anyone have before and afters?
... do you need to already be in decent shape to begin with?
did you follow the meal plan?

well as i said i would love any advice yall give me :)

Replies

• laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    anybody ?
  • ChinaLexie
    ChinaLexie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You are in for a SERIOUSLY insane workout. "Insanity" is correctly labeled! It is truly exhausting. There are very many times in the dvd's that I want to turn it off. It is a mental battle as much as it is physical. I am an avid runner and consider myself in pretty good shape and those dvd's are intense. Start slow. My advice is to do the dvd's focusing on form over speed. If you focus on speed you could very well hurt yourself (knees, shins, pulled muscle).

Stick with it! BUT if you find yourself HATING the workouts, check out Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30". It has cardio AND weights, but less exhausting. :)

You can do it!!
  • ChinaLexie
    ChinaLexie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    To answer some of your other questions, I don't have before or afters. Just trust me, you will have them. :) Also, I live in China so I cannot follow the meal plan!
  • bf43285
    bf43285 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2. I bought a mat because I live on the 2nd floor with hardwood floors and did not want to disturb my neighbor. I still cannot get through an entire workout without stopping....a lot (to me). But, I do notice myself getting stronger and some days are better than others. Keep a steady pace. My problem is powering through the warm up then being too tired for the actual workout.
  • laurensohn22
    Options
    Yeah I have a feeling I'll probably stop often but .. As long as I continue that's the important part right lol?
  • laurensohn22
    Options
    I'm on week 2. I bought a mat because I live on the 2nd floor with hardwood floors and did not want to disturb my neighbor. I still cannot get through an entire workout without stopping....a lot (to me). But, I do notice myself getting stronger and some days are better than others. Keep a steady pace. My problem is powering through the warm up then being too tired for the actual workout.
    yeah I have a mat but I was a little worried about my hands and the wood floors