5'3 girls already maintaining

Options
2»

Replies

• keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 109 lb and eat around 1200 for maintenance.
    I do exercise but not everyday.

1200 is too few. At 109 lb your maintenance is at least 1500 NET

I'm 5 ft 3.5 119/120 lb & I eat around 1700 NET to maintain (as in before exercise)
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    hmmmm. im 5'2 not in matnince yet but i loose 2 lb a week eating 1500-1600. I agree with the above posters lifting & retraining metabolism is key :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 109 lb and eat around 1200 for maintenance.
    I do exercise but not everyday.

1200 is too few. At 109 lb your maintenance is at least 1500 NET

I'm 5 ft 3.5 119/120 lb & I eat around 1700 NET to maintain (as in before exercise)

I agree that 1200 NET calories is too low. When I eat that, I lose weight.

I think it's important to note that some people are talking NET calories and others are talking TOTAL calories. My NET is 1460, but my TOTAL can be 1460 to 2000 depending on my activities.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Good point about the net I never remember about that :/
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    hmm I am 5 ft 3-4 and am 118 maintaining on about 2250 calories per day

Wow! What exercise do you do?

I lift weights and do little cardio xD

I have a body media fit and rarely is it under 2200 for the day

Hmm, it seems all the high calorie eaters I've seen lift weights. And I love food so I'd love a high calorie intake. How do you go about starting to lift weights?

Pick up New Rules of Lifting or my favorite STarting Strength :] will explain everything in detail and give you a workout plan :]
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Which edition of Starting Strength have you got?
  • bmargs323
    Options
    Hi Girls!
    So first all, congratualation to you all losing weight and maintaing :) I am so glad you guys posted about this. It will be 2 years and I have lost 107-110lbs all on my own but started using MFP last July of 2011. In January I broke the 100lb mark.. and since last month I now have a trainer for muscle, weights, and maintaing. The problem is though I am confussed on how many calories I should be maintaing. I am at 113lbs and want to maintain weight between 110 and 115 lbs. I am also have a trainer and work out 6 times a week. Can someone help me out and tell me how many calories I should have on here to maintain? My doctor tells me 1800 then my mom says 2000 and my dad did a caculation and said 2,184 and then my friend who just got certified as a trainer says between 2,300- and 2500 but i feel like thats way to many. I'm getting overwhelmed over nothing because I dont know if I am eating too little or too much. Any help would be very much appericated. Thanks :) Also I was told to eat every 3 hours or a midbreakfast snack around 10 with a bread, cheese and almonds so a carb, protein, fat. If theres any other tips or advice too on eating plans and stuff when to eat and what that would help me out too cuz, at times I dont wanna gain weight just to maintain this. Thanks again!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!
    So first all, congratualation to you all losing weight and maintaing :) I am so glad you guys posted about this. It will be 2 years and I have lost 107-110lbs all on my own but started using MFP last July of 2011. In January I broke the 100lb mark.. and since last month I now have a trainer for muscle, weights, and maintaing. The problem is though I am confussed on how many calories I should be maintaing. I am at 113lbs and want to maintain weight between 110 and 115 lbs. I am also have a trainer and work out 6 times a week. Can someone help me out and tell me how many calories I should have on here to maintain? My doctor tells me 1800 then my mom says 2000 and my dad did a caculation and said 2,184 and then my friend who just got certified as a trainer says between 2,300- and 2500 but i feel like thats way to many. I'm getting overwhelmed over nothing because I dont know if I am eating too little or too much. Any help would be very much appericated. Thanks :) Also I was told to eat every 3 hours or a midbreakfast snack around 10 with a bread, cheese and almonds so a carb, protein, fat. If theres any other tips or advice too on eating plans and stuff when to eat and what that would help me out too cuz, at times I dont wanna gain weight just to maintain this. Thanks again!

Congrats! Well I am overwhelmed as well and I am not sure what to make of the calculations either, but I found a neat thread you could try. I haven't tried it yet because I nned to update my info, but you can take a look :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538943-how-to-calculate-calorie-goals-according-to-nrolfw
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 112 pounds an maintaining.

1550 calories a day plus any burned with exercise. I am working on changing body composition and losing body fat (probably another 3-4%) however have no intention of losing any more weight. Unless it just happens to go that way.

:)

Edit: I guess I should also mention on days i lift I usually consume 1800-1900 calories. As I change body comp. and continue to gain muscle (as it is a painfully slow process) I will be able to eat more to maintain.
  • rukobaby
    rukobaby Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm 5'2 I have never weighed under 125. That is because I am very very gifted in the chest department. I'm a 34 DDD. I am aiming for a goal of 134-138. I mostly want to tone, but would like to lose about five or six pounds of actual fat. I currently weigh 142. So its a work in progress:)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!

Congrats on the weight loss and maintaining.