Is this wrong?

Options
olivetree_
olivetree_ Posts: 75 Member
Is it wrong to be mad at my best friend for this reason?: we always make plans to go out to "our" movies together (meaning movies of book series that we both love), but they never happen.

Even though we weren't Twilight fans anymore by the time Eclipse came out, we always went to see those movies together on opening night. When BD came out, neither of us were able to go on the first day but we made plans for later in that week, but then she ended up going with her family and I still haven't seen it.

When Narnia's VODT came out 2 years ago on my birthday, the tickets were sold out so we planned for the next weekend, but she ended up going with her family again. I saw it on Netflix.

For DH Part 2, we were also supposed to see it together, but she saw it with her family again.

And I spent the whole free part of my day (I had cheerleading for 5.5 hours today) reading and trying to finish The Hunger Games to see the movie tonight with her, but she's going tomorrow with her family instead.

I'm sure I'd be allowed to go along with them but we barely ever hang out anymore except for at school and RARELY after school, but never really on the weekend (we didn't have school today) even though she's my best friend. I know I probably shouldn't be upset because it's her family and she's not going with just anybody else, but we made plans! And then I'm left with no one to watch them with because my other friends either haven't read the books or just flat-out dislike the series, and my parents talk through EVERY movie and they hate the movie theatre anyway! I only like seeing certain movies and those types of movies with her because we think the same way and have the same opinion on everything.

I'm not really an outgoing person to anyone but her, and although I do actually have 4 people who I consider my best friends, I've always felt closest to her. And I feel bad because I know she doesn't intend to make me angry, but she doesn't understand that it's really not easy for me to just find someone else to do things with. She is really the only person who I would go out of my way to make time for other than the few occasions for my 3 other best friends. And it just sucks because of how long and hard I tried to read THG today (she hasn't read it either; we agreed that if either of us hasn't read it we have to wait until we both have completed it), though I didn't finish (she didn't finish either), but she's still going tomorrow with her family (sold out for tonight).

I hope this made sense. D:

Replies

• jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel left out by your friend...I would just explain to her "gently and nicely" that you were hoping to go with her and now you are left having no one to go with. Maybe it's not quite as important to her as it is you...or maybe she doesn't even realize what she's done. Some people are less sensitive about these things. Maybe she will like it so much that she will go again with you, and I know it sounds crazy but going alone to the movies is kind of fun...it's not as horrible as you might think it is. lol :)
  • olivetree_
    olivetree_ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel left out by your friend...I would just explain to her "gently and nicely" that you were hoping to go with her and now you are left having no one to go with. Maybe it's not quite as important to her as it is you...or maybe she doesn't even realize what she's done. Some people are less sensitive about these things. Maybe she will like it so much that she will go again with you, and I know it sounds crazy but going alone to the movies is kind of fun...it's not as horrible as you might think it is. lol :)

We've gone to the movies tons of times before but we sort of have a tradition of going to see movie adaptations of books we like together. Like a legit tradition. Whenever a new movie of our favourite book series come out we go right to each other and make plans. But there are those few series that we prefer over others (HP, Twilight at one point, Narnia, and now THG) that are actually IMPORTANT. And it sucks because if I don't see them with her, I won't see them at all until they're on Netflix, online somewhere else, or on DVD.

And going to the theatre may not be terrible for everyone but for me it is. I can't go places alone. I just can't. It took me 2 years before I was comfortable taking the transit alone and that's only because I take it every day. I don't want other people to sit next to me or to be in a room of random people. It's just uncomfortable for me. I'd be fine with bringing one of my 3 other friends, except that one of them moved to the States, another is going with her boyfriend, and the other hasn't read and doesn't plan to read the series and she would most likely be late because she is literally late for everything and is absolutely horrendous with time management. And to be quite honest, I don't like spending large amounts of time with her. It's taken me a while to give her the "best friend" title (that probably sounds arrogant, but I don't mean it in that way) and I still sometimes wonder if I truly do consider her a best friend. ugh. I probably sound like a stupid little kid right now.