Evaluate goals please

Options
Are my weight loss goals (listed below) too rigid? Am I setting myself up for failure?

Replies

• dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Your timeline seems pretty realistic, especially since you're already almost to your first goal with 10 days yet to go (good job btw!). You're giving yourself 5 and a half months to lose the next 30 pounds, which is 6 pounds a month or about a pound and a half per week. I think that if you are really committed, and you stick with it, you'll reach your goals on or ahead of schedule.

Just remember also, that it is OK if you come shy of your goals. Progress is progress, and I think you'll see a big difference after that first 30 pounds. Make sure you don't get too hung up on time lines, and be proud of what you accomplish, no matter what it is.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Your goals seem very realistic to me.

I lost 135 lbs in 16 months...so, I think you're good to go! Just keep on, keepin on!! :wink: :happy:

-Tami
  • markxster
    markxster Posts: 19
    Options
    Also, do not be discouraged if your body hits a plateau. There is nothing wrong with you. This is a normal bodily response. Stick to your program, make sure your diet is clean when you hit a plateau, and kick up the intensity during your workouts; don't forget a little bit more sleep, and you should see your numbers drop a little bit more. A secret that I use to burn a lot of fat is to drop the amount of non-vegetable carbs from my diet no more than 6 days in a row. I usually drop about 8-10 lbs and then hit a plateau for about a week or two. Then, I reincorporate the starchy carbs back into my diet and replenish my body's reserves. As you can see the number below, it has been working wonderfully. Don't shy away from lifting some type of resistance, whether it is with weights or bands, your body doesn't care which. Resistance training will help stimulate your metabolism and increase the number of calories you burn in any given day. Best of luck.

-Mark

212319.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I'm glad you're so proud of your progress mark, but you didn't need to post your ticker twice. :tongue:
  • markxster
    markxster Posts: 19
    Options
    I didn't figure out how to have it automatically posted in my signature until after I added it to my post manually. What can I say? I am a newbee!