Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Feeling very down today

I have a lot on my mind at the mo (nowhere near as bad as some of you guys so feel a bit of a fraud) and can't seem to get motivated. I am trying to be within my calorie allowance but it's like a little voice inside me saying "why bother?" "you'll never be smaller, you are designed to be plump".

PCOS doesnt help as I've been craving carbs etc and am usually pretty good with those. I drink plenty of water but have started a new programme at my gym so am guessing my muscles are hanging onto water. I think my diary is public so any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Thank you

Replies

• AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    I would answer the little voice saying "why bother"... with the reasons why you're bothering. Go through them again in your mind, think about what you want from this and if you don't bother, at some point you'll end up trying again cos that's what we all do if we're not happy with ourselves as we are I guess?

It's tough, no doubt about it and other things going on in life don't make it easier, but you can do this! Take it a meal at a time, a day at a time and slowly but surely you will achieve what you set out to. Good luck!! :smile:
  • Merrilies
    Merrilies Posts: 32 Member
    Hello, I feel a bit fed up today too. I've been very strict with my diet all week and trained twice a day for 30 minutes each time - everyday - and not lost a single thing!

BUT, we have days like that.

So please don't give up - you are not alone, there are many other people going through the same thing. Just go out for the day or do something to take your mind off it.

You WILL be smaller, but it will take a lot of hard work - just keep trying to visualise yourself in a really nice outfit, having lots of energy.

Carbs are a killer - they are for me anyway, so I made the decision to not eat bread ever again, and have managed to lose over 3 stone in the last 18 months. I don't miss bread at all now.

Instead of a sandwich for lunch, I have either - a large banana, a plum and a handful of grapes, or, some cold meat - ham usually - some cheese and some grapes.

I don't touch anything like bread, crackers etc, I don't eat pasta much - only spaghetti very occasionally. I do eat rice and sometimes potatoes.

Try cutting out bread and see if that helps. Those carb cravings will disappear, I promise you.

Good luck!

Kat x
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    PCOS is a b*t** eh? Affects so many things. But my dr tells me that losing weight and exercise will even help with that so I am choosing to believe him :wink:

As another poster said, remind yourself of why you are doing it. Congratulate yourself for the progress you have made and any NSVs you've had. Be gentle with yourself, remember that between what is on your mind already and the PCOS you are more susceptible to feeling down; maybe come up with a list so you can refer to it when you get down, don't rely on your memory, put it on paper!
  • craigpbrown
    craigpbrown Posts: 5 Member
    Morning Peeps!

Keep the faith, it can't be hard when nothing moves but don't just focus on weight loss, look at inch loss too. Your weight may have stayed the same but you might lose an inch of your waist, hips or thighs.

And I totally agree about the bread, I've cut sliced bread out, just a pitta every now and then and yes, a little garlic bread sometimes. But I've gone from eating sandwiches everyday to getting soup and salad....... And I don't miss it.

I've got a tattoo on my inner left forearm....... Finishstrong....... Give your all and give your all right to the end.

Now, it's sunny out there.... Get outside and smile!
  • acfkaren
    acfkaren Posts: 60 Member
    Thank you all! Feeling a bit better now, already been out in the sun round town and got 3 lots of washing on the line. I love washing on a line it smells so fresh.

I was going to blitz the garden and try and finish my never ending list............stuff it, I'll do bits of what needs doing nice and slowly.