Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is what I believe...

http://www.sixpackabs.me/eating-clean-pack-abs
    What you has very little if nothing to do with it. For a woman to have a full 6 pack you eill need a bf% below16% in most cases. For men it is more like 9-10%.

Keep a very slight deficit, no more than 250 cals a day, and partake in a heavy lifting strenth training routine and give it time.
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

What you has very little if nothing to do with it. For a woman to have a full 6 pack you eill need a bf% below16% in most cases. For men it is more like 9-10%.

Keep a very slight deficit, no more than 250 cals a day, and partake in a heavy lifting strenth training routine and give it time.

Sorry, do you mean what I eat has nothing to do with it?
    less than 16%? That will mean I will lose more fat from my breast isn't that right? I don't get how you get women with washboard abs and they still have breasts...
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I would love to tone my abs. Who wouldn't? You look great!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    P90X Ab Ripper X is what I do. It's only 15 minutes & I do it 3 times a week. I have killer abs from it. Maybe you can find it on YouTube.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Genetics and implants? =)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    less than 16%? That will mean I will lose more fat from my breast isn't that right? I don't get how you get women with washboard abs and they still have breasts...

Genetics, implants or padding. :wink:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I have no expertise on the subject. But there is one question for the trainers and more experienced folk. I have read that if you have been in calorie deficite you don't build muscle. This we have all heard. The question would be about a "Bulk-Cut" cycle. Are most people's abs already large enough to be visible simply through losing weight? Or could any, or most of us benefit from increasing the ab muscle size through a bulk-cut cycle of sorts? I don't remember which magazine it was, "Men's health" or "Muscular Development" probably. Down time magazine browsing.

Squats and deadlifts. Your muscles are there, just covered by a layer of fat. You don't need to do any ab excercises to make them show up. Just burn the fat. A heavy weight training routine with squats and deadlifts will work your full core way more than any crunches will.
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't get how you get women with washboard abs and they still have breasts...

Either they are genetically lucky or they are fake.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have no expertise on the subject. But there is one question for the trainers and more experienced folk. I have read that if you have been in calorie deficite you don't build muscle. This we have all heard. The question would be about a "Bulk-Cut" cycle. Are most people's abs already large enough to be visible simply through losing weight? Or could any, or most of us benefit from increasing the ab muscle size through a bulk-cut cycle of sorts? I don't remember which magazine it was, "Men's health" or "Muscular Development" probably. Down time magazine browsing.

Squats and deadlifts. Your muscles are there, just covered by a layer of fat. You don't need to do any ab excercises to make them show up. Just burn the fat. A heavy weight training routine with squats and deadlifts will work your full core way more than any crunches will.

^^ this is good information although decide yourself on whether you what to do abdominal specific exercises though.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

Okay, I think I missed some MFP bus or something.... how does heavy lifting burn the fat layer? The implication I am seeing everywhere is that it is more efficient than cardio... but my happy little strength/resistance routine burns sweet FA. It strengthens my muscles so that I can burn more when I do cardio, but doesn't burn on its own.

Which brings me back around to the bulk/cut cycle question, since obviously body builders can't be doing crazy cardio or they would look like marathon runners........ what does a cut cycle actually involve if not much cardio? lots of lifting, strict diet, and a bit of cardio?

I think I'm going to go research this myself, but answer if you want (I think both questions should help OP out too - they're aimed to).
  • BigHulkDiesel
    Options

Okay, I think I missed some MFP bus or something.... how does heavy lifting burn the fat layer? The implication I am seeing everywhere is that it is more efficient than cardio... but my happy little strength/resistance routine burns sweet FA. It strengthens my muscles so that I can burn more when I do cardio, but doesn't burn on its own.

Which brings me back around to the bulk/cut cycle question, since obviously body builders can't be doing crazy cardio or they would look like marathon runners........ what does a cut cycle actually involve if not much cardio? lots of lifting, strict diet, and a bit of cardio?

I think I'm going to go research this myself, but answer if you want (I think both questions should help OP out too - they're aimed to).

Generally a cutting cycle for Bodybuilders includes a little more cardio, but not excessive, and cleaning up their diet. The reason you lift as heavy as possible when dieting is that building muscle and muscle recovery already burns a ton of calories. For example, a hard and heavy leg training routine could burn up to 500 calories. The heavier you train, the more strengh and muscle you will retain while dieting. So technically you don't have to lose weight to become a lower body fat %.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Dieting reduces the fat. Simple calorie deficit. That's it. Nothing else.

Heavy lifting retains/strengthens existing muscle (while in said deficit). There aren't many things in life more important than strong glutes.

For my 'cut cycle' I eat a mild calorie deficit without any changes to my lifting plan. I'm training to lift heavy things. I see no need to change that while cutting.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup I am 14.7% bf and now I can see my abs so it all about lower body fat % and unfortunately keeping your boobs and lowering your bf doesnt happen unless you are genetically lucky!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

less than 16%? That will mean I will lose more fat from my breast isn't that right? I don't get how you get women with washboard abs and they still have breasts...r
    As long as you have a deficit you will lose fat. The only thig you need to keep in check would be protein to ensure you retain muscle as you lose fat.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    No advice. Just surprised that you are not see more definition at your bf%. You are so slim, and look fabulous. Hope you find out what it takes for the result you desire.
  • 000WhiteRose000
    Options
    Thanks :-) I am just frustrated and want quicker results. I know... It's a marathon not a sprint... Urg.
  • ashyblubear
    ashyblubear Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    chrunches, push ups etc. stuff that works on your core!!!
    if you go to the gym then doing ab chrunches and a mix of cardio with core and muscle work outs!!!
    that's whats helped me!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Cardio and strength training honestly have nothing to do with fat loss. Eating at a caloric deficit is the only secret. Have you ever heard the phrase, "Abs are made in the kitchen?" That is what it means. The exercise doesn't matter. What matters is eating below your TDEE to cut your body fat down. Heavy lifting helps to retain muscle mass while cutting.
  • 000WhiteRose000
    Options
    Will have to do this carefully. If I have to chose between my breasts and a 8 pack, i chose my breasts!