low carb snacks

Options
I really am trying to cut down on the amount of carbs I have in my snacks , I often have wheatable crackers or pretzels because I love salty stuff, does anyone have other suggestions of other salty snacks that can help me cut down on the carbs?
Thanks

Replies

• ksukaro
    Options
    I really am trying to cut down on the amount of carbs I have in my snacks , I often have wheatable crackers or pretzels because I love salty stuff, does anyone have other suggestions of other salty snacks that can help me cut down on the carbs?
    Thanks
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I was reading on some of those, and i noticed some have hydrogenated included, isn't that a bad thing?
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Cheese! String cheese is a great snack, also cheese slices or cubes, I recently got on a kick of Light Salami and other meats is a great snack and it fills you up too!
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Almonds are a good snack. Just have a few though. It is hard to find a good snack to replace crackers or chips. I don't know if you have a Trader Joes Market where you live but they have a good selection of Whole grain crackers with out trans fat. They have whole wheat pretzels, all different kids of nuts. Good luck!
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    I make my own tortilla chips and have that with salsa.
    Salsa is great at only 10 calories a seving:smile:

For the chips,
    three yellow corn or white corn totillas
    cut into wedges
    spray both sides with pam and if you like salt
    place on a non stick cookie sheet
    bake at 350 for 10 minuts turn each chip over
    and bake anouther 5 minuts

makes about 24 chips
    calories 110
    total fat 5g
    fiber 3g
    protien 2g
    iron 4 0/0
    calcium 2 0/0
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I spread a small pan with 1/4 ish of fresh shredded parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for a few minutes, till its light brown, cool, and break it into chips and eat with salsa. a serving of what I use is 110 cals for the cheese and 10 for the salsa.

I also make meringues and season them with salt and cayenne, bake at 200 for an hour, and munch away, its 20 calories for each egg white, and 2 egg whites makes a good size serving.
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    Oh gosh, I would have such a hard time with that... I *love* pasta and breads. Turnips dipped in salt are good, plus you can save the greens and serve those up with a little ham. Nuts and seeds taste nice too.
  • healthychic
    Options
    Sun chips "Harvest cheddar" are yummy chips and they have 19 carbs in one bag. So are Baked Lays, but they have a little more carbs, about 26.