Hi, just joined...

Options
Hello all, well I just joined the group. I started my journey about 3 years ago after realizing that I needed to buy a 44 waist pant. Broke down and cried and made up my mind that was not going to happen. I have gone from 267lbs down to 170lbs today and want to get to 160-165. I have hit many plateaus along the way but always moving closer to my goal. Have been hanging in the 170 neighborhood for about 8 months now, not complaining but really want that last 5lbs.

After losing the majority of my weight I decided to go to school, studied Fitness and Nutrition and became an NSCA Certified Personal Trainer. Go figure though, could not find a training job because being 50 yrs old and not a muscle bod is not what gyms and fitness centers want training clients. Oh well I help myself, family and friends so I guess it's kind of paying it forward, and that is always a good thing.

Decided to join "myfitnesspal" after finding the app for my phone, have been using 411Fit.com for the last 2 years. I have become so used to tracking my food and exercise that even once I reach my goal (and even if I don't) I will continue the habit. I have learned that it is one of the greatest tools to have when losing weight and getting healthy. Let my new adventure here begin!!!!