Hello!

Options
I just wanted to say Hi.
It' the first time I've tried anything like this, so I would love to hear how everyone on here is doing. I have a shed-load to lose and This is my new approach! :wink:

Replies

• onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.. this is the best support system and you will be a great success....
  • illecl
    illecl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This program makes it so easy to track and easily see what you're doing (and not doing). It has calorie counts for everything. The topics are so inspirationa,l and support is here whenever you have a question or just want to vent, or cheer, or entertain yourself to keep from eating. I've lost 24 pounds on MFP for a total of 80 over the last two years. You can do it!!

Carol
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Welcome! DW and I have tried just about everything under the sun but logging here and having the support has been the thing that I think has helped us to stick to it and make the changes in our life to be successful. Again, welcome!
  • notaperfect10
    notaperfect10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'm hoping that seeing what I'm eating in black and white will help, no denying it one way or another then! I know it's not going to be easy though, so any help and support I can find will be fantastic. Seeing that it's working for others is very inspirational.
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    Welcome! This site really is great and it helps to know what your putting in our body that you would have not realized had you not of been tracking it :smile:
  • QueenHelga
    Options
    Welcome. I just love it. I haven't lost that much yet, but now I know what I have to change. If you need a friend, you can be mine and we can do this together. I have a lot to loose also. Good luck. I actually like this better than Weight Watchers.:smile:
  • Shines01
    Shines01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend! Encouragement and support is one of the most important aspects of losing weight!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Putting yourself out there is a big step, But you're gonna make some amazing friends from it. I have found some wonderful people here that are extremely supportive. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • trasista4
    trasista4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are making a great start. Happy to see you here. You're going to love this site, it's an awesome site that makes you accountable. Good Luck.
  • PJFonz
    PJFonz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great place to find friends to help motivate you, learn different tips to eating healthy, encouragement for when you're struggling and to have a bit of fun with others. Glad you're here!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful site.....very helpful and encouraging. I have lost almost 10 lbs by doing this. We are glad to have you and we will answer any questions you have if we can....if not we will find someone who can help us all.

Bev
  • boobookitty36
    Options
    Hi! I just started about 2 weeks ago and I love it!! It really helps! Support is always so important to losing and maintaining weight loss.....Ive already lost 5 pounds and am excited to log in every day!!
  • auntofsix
    Options
    I too am very new, I am on day 3 here at Fitness Pal. I am enjoying how easy it is to track what I am eating and doing throughout my day. I would love to add you as a friend, support is the best thing when the scale starts to slow down. Good luck with on your journey to a new you! You can do it:happy:
  • notaperfect10
    notaperfect10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow.... thanks everyone for all your messages.
    Such a lovely welcome.

J
  • deniseswanton2
    Options
    hi im new to this really hope it works i really need to lose this weight, i quit smoking and have gained alot.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    hi I just started today and I must admit I am enjoying it too and so helpful that everything is instantly calculated and just the knowledge in knowing my limits on calories and how much I need to exercise if I go over my daily calories. I'm hoping this will work because I've tried everything else! Good luck to you and welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Karen_ZH
    Karen_ZH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP last year, but didn't really start using it until 4 weeks ago. I'm down 4 pounds and several inches. I try to change one thing every few days - this week it was dropping candy and boy is that hard!! I love my chocolate - today is day 5 without it and I have to say that the support here has been awesome.

Add me as a friend, if you like.

~Karen